PAX weight in IF

What is the source of the approximately 77kg passenger weight? I can’t find any sources for averages including children. (BTW the reason I’m asking is I feel the number may be too low)

3 Likes

77 kg equals out to roughly 170 pounds. It’s an safe weight for anyone from 5’ 7” - 6’+, roughly.

That’s safe to say that those measurements equals to the average person. This is a rough guess though. Take this with a grain of salt.

1 Like

I don’t know the answer, but if you do a quick checkup on the Internet you’ll get the world average for an adult’s weight is 136.7 pounds.

That’s 61.6kg. So in Infinite Flight it’s actually too high :)

4 Likes

The FAA recently upped passenger weights to 190/195lbs (winter), so at 85/88ish kgs that’s a bit heavier than the 77kg Ppax weight we have now.

Seats are getting smaller, and people are getting bigger!

1 Like

Ah apparently the old FAA number is 170lb which is what IF uses. This can be closed I guess. It will be up to the devs whether to change it to 190lb.

3 Likes

My basic theory is the total number of Passengers X 50. This has never let me down and tested this countless times over long hauls.

1 Like

But the FAA kinda covers mostly US and the US has a heavier average then the rest of the world so i doubt they will put up the weight in IF to 190lbs. so IF is actually heavier then the world average as mentioned by Seb

2 Likes

I believe Seb was just quoting the average human weight, the FAA factors in carry on bags, heavy clothing, and any other factors associated, to create a general baseline number.

136.7lbs is the average worldwide weight of humans, without backpacks, purses, parkas, and whatever else people like to carry on planes

3 Likes

The source i used:

2 Likes

For reference, here is an interesting article about the new FAA standard passenger weights, with the original FAA source provided within the article.

1 Like

It’s right where it needs to be as the hand luggage is counted.

1 Like

Here is a survey from EASA regarding standard weights of passengers and baggage:

1 Like

Thats some chunky Americans 😆

It’s a joke, dont take it seriously please

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.