Pattern Runs & Touch and Go

Greetings to all!

I have a two part question - seeing I’m trying to improve my Grade and the quickest way to do so is to fly in pattern and execute a bunch of touch and go’s, my question is this; Is flying in pattern allowed at any airport? And finally, what must you execute to have a touch and go landing count to your landing total? It seems the game isn’t registering my landings, so I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Go on expert and go on a region that nobody uses (like Chicago) and do touch and goes

1 Like

You should pick a less crowded airport - don’t do Patterns at KSAN or a busy airport like that. Also welcome to the forum!

1 Like

In my findings you need to have all wheels touch the ground and then leave the runway. And no bouncing down the runway won’t get you anymore landings

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick replay guys! And thank you for the welcome! I’ve been playing IF since it first came out and after spending $100+ on IAP, I have been reluctant to pay for a live subscription. But I have finally come to terms with it and am once again addicted to the Infinite Flight skies :)

3 Likes

Glad to see you are enjoying Infinite Flight and the forum.

2 Likes

What I do on a touch and go is come on the aproach like a landing but keeping spoilers off, land the plane then retract flaps then speed up like a takeoff and come round again. 👌

1 Like

The choice of the live server has no influence on the earned xp. Nonetheless the wind direction has. More points for crosswind landings.

2 Likes

I’ve collected as much as 3000xp for 20minutes of Touch and Goes in the DHC8. If you can perfect patterns in that bird your laughing.

The only time you wouldn’t be allowed to do it is if
-Tówer Denys pattern work
-There’s lots of traffic and approach is in control.

To answer your question, yep, it’s allowed at any airport. Just be careful of terrain. You can lose your bearings if your in a really tight turn. To actually get the XP for it, simply touch at a minimum the rear wheels to the runway. I Usually land fully before accelerating up again.

1 Like

Go on any server, generally a quiet airport means you can do more, but having ATC there always makes it more fun. If the airport looks busy, chances are you will not have allowed. If it is quiet,my ou should be allowed, but make sure you follow sequencing. If you are unsure, just request it with you takeoff, and see :)

1 Like

Thanks heaps everyone. It seems I was checking my stats too soon after my flights. Looks like it takes a few moments to update. Thanks again for the replies! What a great community we have here.

Adding a note regarding patterns…

If the airport is busy, try not to request patterns at large bravo airports like KLAX, KSAN, etc. There are plenty of great charlie and delta class airports that are perfect for patterns especially in smaller aircraft. Some of the more experienced real life pilots can chime in but I thought I read on here that patterns are not usually done in real life at those airports.

Just something to consider so you are not cutting in front of pilots on final and causing them to freak out and go around. And as always listen to the ATC.

I’m inclined to do just that Chris. I’ve been having great success in my home country of Australia, flying circles around Canberra 😝

Go on Casual so if you mess up noooooone care.
Noone else on casual really cares anyways.
If you land on the taxiway on Casual you can’t get violations.

Does flying on the casual server still count towards your grade score?

1 Like

Yes so use it.

1 Like

I will! Until I get in to a routine of using autopilot instead of manual flying and getting speeding violations all the time 😂

1 Like

On Training people may report you though uncommon.

I just completed an hour flight on training server and got 3 speeding violations. (250 under 10,000) not paying attention on manual decent…my fault.

I just went grade 2…until that flight. Back to grade 1

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.