PatrickV's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

Hey there!

I’m Patrick and I’ve got an IFATC Practical Exam (not scheduled yet) coming up. I’d very much appreciate it if a few people could, when this thread is open, come to my airport and fly patterns, transition or even just depart.

I’m currently CLOSED at NOT APPLICABLE controlling NO FREQUENCIES.

Always on the TRAINING SERVER.

AIRPORT NOTES: Not applicable.

Previously Featured Airports
  • London Gatwick (EGKK)
  • Manchester (EGCC)
  • Seattle-Tacoma International (KSEA)
  • Shaw Air Force Base (KSSC)

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Patrick

3 Likes

you should open at a airport with less traffic, people on TS are not serius so you don’t any training of them :)

All the traffic seems to be kept at EGLL, I’ve only got two people at EGKK right now.

I’ll keep that in mind for my next choice.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve now got my practical test scheduled for tomorrow. I’d appreciate any practice until then!

I’m at LONDON GATWICK (EGKK) right now. See the airport notes at the top of this thread.

Thanks,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Just done a few patterns and did a few mishaps/runway changes.

Generally good. All I will say is to pay more attention to where your aircraft are. Clearances were late sometimes, I had to prompt you once.

Other than that, you did everything right, you noticed when I’d misaligned for the runway too.

1 Like

Thanks for coming along and for the feedback!

I’ll bear the aircraft positioning awareness in mind.

Hey, good luck for your practical and if you are stressed, listen to some music it helped me a lot. Cheers!

Thanks for the good luck wishes and the ATC scheme you attached Krypton, it makes a lot of sense/confirms what I’ve been practising which is good.

I’ll be sure to turn to music if nerves come on, that’s a good tip!

Thanks,
Patrick

1 Like

I’m at MANCHESTER (EGCC) right now. Check airport notes at the top of this thread.

Sorry for the swift change! I wanted to work with 2 runways.

2 Likes

Hey there! Sorry I couldn’t stay longer. I had something coming up.

Few quick things for the time I was there.

• Transition altitude was good!
  • Pattern entry worked out well, but on the initial clearance you forgot to give a traffic direction, but you fixed that afterwards.
  • Good runway change and sequencing.
  • You eventually had to resequence me with the citation on the GA, when you did you said follow traffic on right downwind, however it should’ve been left downwind.
  • Ground handling all good

Went pretty decent! Make sure to work on those small things, and remember to study when pattern entries, sequences and clearances with and without traffic directions are needed and you’ll be golden!

Goodluck on your test tomorrow, hope to see you in IFATC soon!

Hey Aaron!

Don’t worry about having to leave, thanks for coming along anyways.

Thank you for the feedback, it’s most useful! For example, I didn’t even realise one of the mistakes you brought up had happened.

I’ll be sure to refresh where I fell short before my test tomorrow.

Thank you for the well wishes of good luck!

Thanks,
Patrick

1 Like

I’m at SEATTLE-TACOMA INTERNATIONAL (KSEA) right now. Check airport notes at the top of this thread.

I’m at SHAW AIR FORCE BASE (KSSC) right now. Check airport notes at the top of this thread.

Ooops :( that didn’t go to well

Overall you did good but there is no need to give left/right traffic instruction all the time just give it when you want aircraft to change direction

The crash made me chuckle at least!

I appreciate that you came along and gave me feedback, I’ll bear that in mind at my upcoming practical.

Thanks,
Patrick

I mean:

When you gonna control again on TS1? :joy:

congrats!

1 Like

Who needs TS1?

The same quality is on ES. ʕ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°ʔ

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.