Passenger dies aboard Dubai-bound Qantas flight

Sorry for this late news, Hope the passenger who died Rest In Peace

4 Likes

RIP indeed.

4 Likes

Apparently this happens quite often

Seriously? Youā€™ve heard of this happening before?

1 Like

I swear the initial report stated that he slipped into a coma mid flight, I think that was before the heart attack statement came out but not sure.

1 Like

Not aboard , mostly it happens in the terminal, after them have left the planeā€¦
Most reasons are age, combined with a coagulopathy and a thrombosis ā€¦leading to an full grown Lung embolusā€¦what sadly can cause dead, up to how big the actual thrombus wasā€¦
In that caseā˜ļø Could be an heart attackā€¦what leads us back to our friend the thrombosis

1 Like

Yes if you watch ultimate airport Dubai it says that itā€™s quite common

1 Like

@Chatta290 Thatā€™s frightening. I imagine these are undiagnosed medical conditions? Seems to me that if a doctor was aware of any of @anon43874684 's examples that air travel would be forbidden.

1 Like

From some sources, The Victim died Because of Heart Attack

1 Like

I feel so sorry for the family, having their family member deceased on the floor of the plane for an hour according to the news story. Thatā€™s just tragic.

2 Likes

Yes it is quite in humane especially if the plane is full and there are no seats to put the body resulting in leaving it on the floor

Absolutely. A380 right? thatā€™s a lot of people all around your deceased family member. Just so sad.

1 Like

Well, from my personal experience level as a paramedic, who worked at a big international Airport, some of these are prevented by giving medications on heparin (Anticoagulant) base before the flightā€¦or decompression socksā€¦most of these patients are aware of their conditions, but these mostly happens on very long flightsā€¦Cause of the lag of movement, dry air and the siting positionā€¦but you dont have to worry, as a young healthy person you arenā€™t in great danger to catch a thrombosis and, mostly them are not fatalā€¦but it happensā€¦

1 Like

This is indeed sad! We hope the passenger RIP!

3 Likes

this is sad. I feel for the family who had to go through this.

4 Likes

@anon43874684 I come from a FF/EMT-B job also! My medic taught me a lot about the different meds. After all this is America, you canā€™t forbid someone from flying as a passenger. The lack of movement totally makes sense. Clots get knocked loose and find their way into dangerous places. I switched to salads recently to ensure my health, and to get ready for the bare bones pay of the regionals :-D

1 Like

Yes, when They made an emergency landing, the passenger has died :(

Was there any doctors onboard

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.