Passed my PPL written!

Thanks! It feels surreal to get this far

2 Likes

Congrats man!! Now keep studying hard for your Checkride!! Best wishes! You have a great adventure ahead of you! =) @privatepilot_puig

3 Likes

Thanks! It feels like half the battle is over lol

2 Likes

Congratulations! First step down and many more to come. Keep us up to date with your PPL journey.

3 Likes

First of all, congratulations on your written exam! I would go ahead and contact the airline for training since trying to find a job would kinda be a problem. I would have more chance to end up in their airliner if I contact the airline for the training. Well, it depends whether you want to be a private or a commercial airliner pilot. Again, congratulations!

1 Like

Not really how it works here in the states. You have to get pretty much all your ratings by yourself before you can get hired. My college has a partnership with some airlines tho so it shouldn’t be a big problem, especially with the pilot shortage. Also, thanks @DeerCrusher and will do

3 Likes

Studying up for mine in about a month or so… Should be a great time… :(

3 Likes

It’s not so bad. Study the practice tests, as some of them are like identical to the test questions

2 Likes

@Rodney_Buckland, Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you

2 Likes

That’s awesome as! Great work - kudos to you!

Having your PPL is gonna be great! All the study paid off yeah?

2 Likes

Yeah it did. It feels great

1 Like

Well done ! How long was the test ?
Must have been stressful.

60 questions. Not too bad. It goes by quick

1 Like

How long do you have to complete it?

Also could you give me a sample question of what was in the test? 🙂

You get 2 hours and 30 mins. And yeah. I’m literally making this up btw lol.

The wake turbulence is at it’s worse when:

A. The aircraft is heavy, dirty(flaps and gear out) and slow
B. The aircraft is heavy, clean, and slow
C. The aircraft is light, clean and fast.

1 Like

Answer to question, spoilers all!

A., because you have more surface area to be pushed on by the air from the dirty config and less forward momentum to counteract the other forces

I’m going with A.

It just seems logical - lots of things interrupting the airflow

Congrats. I passed mine with a 75. Lol, be careful on your oral part the will more than likely ask you about things you missed

2 Likes

Congratulations on passing keep the hard work up I won’t be far behind you lol. my journey begins in January

1 Like

it’s heavy clean and slow. Angle of attack is greater and the wing tip vortices spill off easier

1 Like