Passed my PPL written!

Passed my Private Pilot Written exam with an 83 today! I’m so relieved/happy! I studied my butt off to get to this point

43 Likes

Congratulations man, any tips for aspiring pilots or anyone who is going to take their written?

7 Likes

Congratulations! Hard work pays off but don’t stop here, keep on climbing Pilot Buckland.

2 Likes

Study study study. It helps quite a bit. And if your stuck on something, come and ask on the forum, or ask your instructor. I was stuck in a few topics until literally yesterday. I went out for a last minute review with my instructor and he cleared some stuff up for me. Don’t be ashamed to admit you don’t know something

2 Likes

Welldone! So…When do you get to fly the A320’s of whatever plane is next? Sorry… I don’t understand the system at all…

1 Like

This is just the written exam. I still have to pass the practical flying exam. And a320s are along ways off

3 Likes

So what flying school did you go to?

1 Like

Congrats, good luck training for the practical!

1 Like

One at my local airport, but I’m attending Averett University in the fall for flying.

3 Likes

Thanks! Practical shouldn’t be too hard

2 Likes

Nice job now the hard part.

6 Likes

There’s a lot of training, licences and money involved before flying them, quite a long process.

1 Like

I’ve done a bit of research and I’ve found that you need £60,000-£90,000 to pay for youre ATPL training! How are you supposed to afford that? That’s double some people’s yearly wages…!!

2 Likes

Yep and the private pilot is about 10,000 USD

2 Likes

This is PPL for small planes, he may not be trying to be a commercial ATPL

1 Like

Yea you should research type ratings for different commercial aircraft, the price goes way up.

1 Like

Well done man! @Rodney_Buckland

2 Likes

I am going for ATPL, @Darth_Sidious I’m paying for it in addition to college. So it’s actually gonna be more for me but I’ll graduate with my degree and all my ratings. You pay for it with loans, so you don’t pay until you have everything completed, and then you pay it off month by month. By the time I graduate I’ll be able to get hired and it really shouldn’t be a problem

Private Pilot I’m funding with my own money earned from my job and doing odd jobs around the neighborhood.

5 Likes

Thanks! It feels awesome

2 Likes

Well done Rod! Now for the practical & big time Solo! Hang tough!

5 Likes