Passed my commercial pilot checkride!

Spit n’ grit, about 280 hours in the air, a pair of lucky aviation socks, and a lot of support from a lot of people made this possible. After finishing off IFR in late May, I’ve finally gotten done with my commercial checkride! Did it out of KVNY, from Ascent Aviation Academy. And of course, IF played a huge role in my commercial flight training, especially experiencing what it would be like to operate systems on bigger aircraft (and hence being able to answer questions correctly!)

The flight portion (which I did in a Piper PA-28-151) involved a timing/dead reckoning leg where I had to estimate the ETE of a leg on my flight plan, then steep turns to a 55° bank, followed by chandelles, lazy 8s, stalls, emergency descents, 8s on pylons, short and soft field landings and takeoffs and a power off 180 landing.

My instructor was so overjoyed that I passed, that he gifted me his epaulettes - with three stripes - to keep for myself. I wore a uniform to the checkride, with my FAA Safety Master (Gold) Wings attached, and he slipped the epaulettes onto my shoulders himself. It was a moment of great pride and joy for me.

Got a few pictures attached below!

140 Likes

Man that’s amazing, congratulations!

1 Like

Great news!! Congrats!

2 Likes

Congratulations! 😃

2 Likes

Whoa! Congratulations Sooraj!

1 Like

Congratulations @CaptainSooraj!

Sorry I hate using my phone, I pinged the wrong person :(

2 Likes

Awesome job! @Luke_King-kong who is @Calvin_Johnson_3?

2 Likes

Congratulations well done!

2 Likes

yeah what?

1 Like

Congratulations! Wishing you the best in your future endeavors.

Out of curiosity, did you complete your training at a 141 pilot mill?

1 Like

Congratulations! Have a great time in the skies!!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congrats! Great to hear that IF played a huge role in your training 😀

1 Like

Ahh! I hate the form on my phone. It never works proper. Let me fix that :)

2 Likes

Thank you so much @naro
No, I did it at a Part 61 school. Way nicer haha.
It was https://www.ascentaviationla.com/

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations @CaptainSooraj!

1 Like

Absolutely amazing! Learning in the PA28 myself but still got a long road ahead :) Now I can say see you in the virtual and real skies :D
Cign

1 Like

It’ll be an awesome journey, that I can assure you! See you in the skies soon!