Hey! Thanks for controlling And I’m just gonna help you out with some tips/general feedback for you to be ready for your practical!
Callsign : infinite flight 312
1.) first focus will be on the beginning of an aircrafts pattern.
- so I was cleared for takeoff runway 5L to make left traffic, good job there
- next I was instructed to enter a left downwind for 5L… now, I will explain this by first stating that aircraft are expected to enter the parts of the patter on there own after given a the right/left traffic. In this case you do not need to give me a pattern entry👍
- the only time that you as tower will give a pattern entry instruction is for inbound aircraft, and aircraft on a runway change… that’s it😉
2.) as I was the only one in pattern for runway 5L there was obviously now sequencing so you did the correct step in saying “number one cleared for the option runway 5L”… but!!! In your practical you are going to need to be able to clear earlier, so in my case and what I do is once you see I’m airborne and entering the correct traffic pattern if you want, then that is when you can sequence (if needed) and clear for the option.
3.) the runway change!!! Well done 👍 you gave me a pattern entry, sequenced (I was 1😉) and cleared me.
- but I think I can give some input on how the situation you ran into a little easier for you and less dangerous as to how close we all were. So I’m entering left downwind for runway 5R, an aircraft is inbound runway 5C and another has taken off from runway 5R and entering patterns for 5L… immediately you need to focus on the guy in patterns for 5L and make sure they will not turn base and cut off an inbound on final for 5C, Tyler says, don’t keep secrets, and her immediately tell that plane to extend downwind and they should understand that this is for separation purposes. And as for me I was extending upwind to separate from the inbound but you called my base. Which was good because now the inbound is farther in than me and the other plane and by u calling my base then I know you want me to turn in being closer inbound than the other guy who will most likely be now turning base out away from me!!
4.) a few side things…
- I reported on final for full stop and was given the misc message of already cleared to land…etc
- now the reason that an aircraft in a pattern will do this is only to help you the controller out in knowing that they plan on landing and exiting the runway and all you need to say is “roger”.
- once you see me rolling down to/under 70kts give me an exit runway command please 😉 and I’ll say “Wilco”
My apologies on the extensive feedback but I wish the best for you and I personally have thrived on past feedback and this stuff is easy to fix and essential for you becoming IFATC
If you disagree or don’t understand something I said, pm me because it is important to be clear on anything and I don’t bite 😂