Part three of my European journey From London Heathrow to Rome

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to another leg of my European flights! If you’re just joining or need to catch up, I’ve flown from Austin to Phoenix, then Washington to London. Check out my other flight reviews if you missed them. Now, I’m heading from London Heathrow to Rome. Join me as I explore Rome and beyond. Let’s fly together as I continue my journey across Europe!

I arrived at the airport two hours prior to my departure because Heathrow is usually pretty busy, and boy was I not wrong. The line for check-in was out the door, and I was in line for 30 minutes just to get to the door. I started to take pictures of aircraft departing once we got through check-in. Airport security was not much quicker. It’s funny how it’s really simple to put your stuff on the conveyor belt and then go, but it still takes what feels like a lifetime. It only took 15 minutes, but that was time I could’ve used to go to the south side of the terminal and take pictures. I totally forgot about the limit on liquids for flying, and a drink that I got from my tour that I was taking around London was confiscated. It was unfortunate because I liked the drink. All of the airports seem too busy for me to hop in line, so I went to the south side and took 10 minutes to start taking pictures.

I made my way towards my gate and looked at my phone to see where the aircraft was going to be located. It was just two gates from where I was, so I made my way over there to find a A320 registered as G-EUYD that has been in service for 15.4 years. It’s really amazing how long these aircraft can fly. I did not get a picture of it from my location because there was a building blocking it, and I did not want to go behind the ticket stand. So I just got a picture of it from the jet bridge. It’s not the best, but better than what it would be.

I found my seat towards the back of the aircraft with a good view of the wingtip. I was a bit nervous when I saw a little kid sitting next to me as I thought he was going to be pretty annoying throughout the flight. With that being said, we started our pushback in the cabin and the crew started to give their safety instructions. We pushed back from the gate 10 minutes early and made a short taxi to the runway.

I looked out the window as we gently rotated off the tarmac. Somebody had their comb out as we ascended, causing their hair comb to roll down the aisle. As I watched, the world got smaller. Then our aircraft banked to the right, starting our journey ahead to Rome.

We reached our cruising altitude of 39,000 feet. Things sort of mellowed out. However, we did have some weather to zip through as we made our way through France. This is also where I ordered a drink. I got a simple Sprite, which went really well with the views for some reason.

We flew over the Alps. And since I was on the right side of the aircraft, I unfortunately did not get to see them. However, at the end of the flight when I talked to the captain and the copilot about how they got into flying and everything, the captain showed me a photo of them flying nearby the Alps. They both have a pretty cool backstory, with both being in the Air Force. The captain used to fly for the Air Force for 17 years, and the copilot flew for the British Royal Air Force for 6 and a half years.

Shortly after we started our descent into Rome The entire cabin was filled with excitement, and as for that little kid did not bother me at all during this entire trip he just sort of slept flight attendants were also going around at this time with the trash bag to pick up any discarded material The views were so nice outside flying over France that I just forgot to drink my sprite so I quickly Shot it threw it away

After overshooting our approach due to going too fast, we had to circle around for another try. On the second attempt, we ended up having a pretty bumpy touch. I was then starting to think if those pilots were actually Air Force and not Navy. With that being said, the most important thing is that we made it on the ground safely.

Finally reaching our gate after a lengthy 35-minute taxi felt like forever, but at least we made it in one piece. Excited to stretch my legs and explore the wonders of Rome, I couldn’t wait to step off the plane and experience all the sights, sounds, and flavors this vibrant city has to offer, from the hotel I booked online to the pasta, museums, and cultural sites that Rome has to offer.

flight briefing

Origin: EGLL London United Kingdom
Destination: LIRF Rome, Italy
Airline: British Airways
Aircraft: A320
Flight time: 1hour 43minutes
Server Expert

I hope you’ve been interested in this review. Stay tuned for Part Four as I navigate from the historical and bustling city of Rome back to Lunde before making my next trip.

This text will be blurred My good friend @MAviationYT made a flight review as well. I really encourage y’all to go check it out. “ The beautiful queen of the skies took flight from Manaus in Brazil, and had a great sunset flight to Quito in Ecuador. The 747-800 is a huge plane but is a beauty in aviation. These are the highlights from this 2 and a half hour flight.”

11 Likes

Wow! You really don’t have to keep shouting me out man. ❤️

1 Like

Your post was too cool to not recognize it."😅

2 Likes

Well thanks man!

1 Like

There is an Appalachian mountains in Europe?

1 Like

😂 oops I meant to say Alps

1 Like