PART 3 // Community-Made Airport Spotting Guide (Q&A and Guides!)

As you may already know, this Community Airport Spotting Guide series has two other parts - Part 1 and Part 2.
You can find Part 1 of this series here: PART 1 // A Community-Made Airport Spotting Guide // A Guide for an Airport Near You
and Part 2 here: PART 2 // A Community-Made Airport Spotting Guide // A Guide for an Airport Near You

Parts 1 & 2 have been abandoned since they are no longer able to be edited, but if you’re looking for an airport that’s not in Part 3, see if its already been covered in Parts 1 or 2:

Part 1 Airports: EHAM, KBWI, KCLT, KJFK, NZWN, RJGG, TNCM, YBSU, YBTL, YMML (click for Spotting Guide Part 1)

Part 2 Airports: CYYZ, KDEN, KLGA, KPVD, YMML (click for Spotting Guide Part 2)

Thanks to everyone, especially @Dylan_M :), for your support towards this Spotting Guide series! I look forward to seeing what the community will contribute in Part 3.

Enjoy!

The following information is the Airport Spotting Guide’s description, originally posted in Part 1…

I’m sure IFC has many wonderful aviation spotters, so if anyone is looking into airport spotting, this topic might be able to give you some insight on where/how to spot at an airport near you.

This topic is for the community to share recommendations for airport spotting.

When giving advice, please be specific about which airport you are describing and give its airport code (ICAO code is preferred). The airport you choose to write about can be in any country, but it should regularly accommodate non-GA / non-private airplanes. (Military airports are accepted.)

Suggestions for sharing: the best locations for spotting at an airport, the types of jets that appear frequently at an airport, the best time of day and/or best weather for that airport, which runways are used for take-offs and which runways are used for landings, etc.

Feel free to give information regardless of how well-known the info might already be. All I ask is that you do not repeat info that was already stated and that you know the information is true. Information that has been received from sources like the internet should not be shared. All information should come from personal experience.

And to separate personal info from internet info: If you post information that was looked up online and NOT information acquired from personal experience, please note that in your post. Thank you!

And please, no off-topic discussion . (for example: “Oh yeah, that airport has a nice restaurant next to it called…”)

Important pointers:

• If you have questions about spotting at any particular airport, you’re welcome to post it here! Someone might be able to give you a good answer.
  • Please post your airport guide directly onto this thread. You are not required to DM me. Thanks!
  • Feel free to edit your airport post at any time, just let me know when you do so that I can update the main thread. Thanks!

As info is shared, I will update the list of airports and their info below (which is in alphabetical order by ICAO code):

EBBR // BRU // Brussels Airport // @Tim_Verheyden

KMSY // MSY // Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport // @Cpt_Alpha32

PART 2 // A Community-Made Airport Spotting Guide // A Guide for an Airport Near You

KORD // ORD // Chicago O'Hare International Airport // @1Bit

PART 2 // A Community-Made Airport Spotting Guide // A Guide for an Airport Near You

KPDX // PDX // Portland International Airport // @Mattheus

10 Likes

Thank you for this new topic!

1 Like

Also, this topic is moderator-approved. Just in case anyone tries to hunt me down for not having proper permissions… ;)

edit: link stating approval PART 2 // A Community-Made Airport Spotting Guide // A Guide for an Airport Near You

1 Like

I know, it’s deer, isn’t it?

1 Like

Can you put my YMML guide from the last topic in?

@Oli_H I can’t copy a report into Part 3 directly from 1 or 2, but if you decide to edit your YMML post, I’ll be happy to add the updated version here.

Would it be ok if I posted a guide on MCO (Orlando international airport)?

Post whatever guide you’d like!

2 Likes

ok thanks mate

Any airport you chose will be much appreciated! Private and commercial airports are accepted.

1 Like

My closest airport is Brussels Airport EBBR and I have spotted there in the past, there is acctualy a dedicated area for spotters XD, I have gotten some. Nice pics with my phone 😃

1 Like

Where is always stand
IMG_20190222_143454

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.