Paris to Moscow in 10 replay screenshots

┌────────────────°❉°────────────────┐

PARIS TO MOSCOW - RETRO STYLE

It was very foggy out there today! Passengers embarking are invited to look out of the window and see almost nothing on the ground but a dense amount of dropped cloud around the French capital airport. Pilots and ATC alike were concentrating hard as well trying to get those birds out safely, which were moving about like ghosts with flashing lights. At the time of the replay, the weather had cleared.

Pushing back and lining up, that trio of General Electric CF6-50C2 engines fired up once more as they first did in 1973 and the again before this plane, F-BTDC was scrapped in 2004. It changed hands 6 times in its life and the Skyteam member Air France was the 4th owner.

Visibility was at a bare minimum as we approach runway 26R and thanks to the mapping system we were able to see what aircraft were about to avoid getting too close to each other on the taxiways. A quick departure out thanks to ground and tower saw us gradually climbing to our cruising altitude of 31,000 feet.

Apart from the initial fog which cleared at about 4,000, it was a very smooth flight. A sweet almost dead straight tailwind helped that old air frame out a bit and we could sit back and settle into the cruise. Our route today took us over Luxembourg, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Belarus and finally over Russia and down into Moscow. It’s a neat little route through these landlocked regions and the passengers and pilots enjoyed being a part of this old machine once more.

On behalf of myself and the crew we wish you a pleasant stay here in Moscow or safe onward journey.

Departure: LFPG ( Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport).
Arrival: UUEE (Sheremetyevo International Airport).
Flight time: 3 hours 10 minutes.
Server: Expert.

Notes: As always, no hard editing was done to the photos, just some personal preference slight changes to the light and contrast and working with what is available – nothing fake added or taken away.

Good times

└──────────────── °∘❉∘° ────────────────┘

23 Likes

All of then is great and my fav one photo numer 6

1 Like

I love the detail you put into you posts. The pictures are the icing in the cake 😉

1 Like

Beautiful pictures!

1 Like

Wow! Your scenery shots never cease to amaze me! The description is also incredible!

1 Like

How are you making scenery that I consider flat and boring beautiful?

1 Like

Just working with the colours and contrasts that are available in the HD scenery :-)

2 Likes

Always love your landscape pics❤️

1 Like

Great job as always @Helmethead!

1 Like

Thank you sir :-)

1 Like

Nice pictures

1 Like

Great pics :-)

1 Like