Parallel Landings/Departures

Has anyone seen or done a tandem landing in real life or infinite flight? I was in a tandem landing at Istanbul LTFM in real life with a B737. I saw one today at night rush hour at JFK passing over my town into runways 22L and 22R. Share your experiences!

2 Likes

Closest I’ve got is departing LAS RW26R while arriving traffic lands on 26L and we match speed for a couple seconds.

3 Likes

Just watch all the oshkosh fly in landings there are alot

2 Likes

I’m assuming you mean parallel approaches and landings. If so, they are some of my favorite things. I do not fly very often on infinite flight, but I do control a bunch on the expert server. I always have this little happy feeling when I service approach to 2 aircraft and put them on a parallel approach. It is always pretty cool.

For real life, however, I have never done a parallel approach or landing. My main airport is KLGA which is a 2 intersecting runway airport (They use one for departures and one for landings), so I do not really experience that. It’s on my bucket list though.

1 Like

Because I take off and land at KATL a lot, I have seen quite a few both in real life and in infinite flight.
Here is a very close one back when I in April.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I meant. I love them too.

1 Like

Very nice shot!

Interesting, I will check it out thanks.

That’s why it’s so rare, they have to be next to each other and match speed, if you witness one or are in one your are lucky. Your experience seems good enough for me pretty cool isn’t it.

Very small distance into 22L at KJFK and I managed to capture it.

Those landings are pretty Badass. I never have seen one irl tho. Also I believe their called Parallel landings but it doesn’t really matter which one you use. I’ve also heard that they happen a lot at KSFO

Yeah KSFO has parallel runways. Also I think tandem is another word for parallel and it seems to confuse people. They happen at KJFK when it’s super busy and they can’t space out the traffic into just 1 runway. Pretty cool though I agree. This is why I love aviation, it’s beautiful. 🤩

1 Like

I go to SFO a lot. Especially during rush hour/holiday time, half of the planes that I see landing are parallel.

1 Like

I was landing at KLAS, and I happened to run into a United 757 landing parallel to me. I’m sure it has to do with the fact I was on casual server, but it was cool nonetheless. :)

Munich being my local airport and having 2 parallel runways (for the most part)…I have experienced quite a few parallel landings! :D

Aeroflot and Singapore airlines almost parallel landing at JFK. Do you think this was full parallel?

Once landing at SFO from PHX the flight crew announced we would be on the parallel approach at the same time as another aircraft, so passengers wouldn’t be alarmed looking out window. That was the only time in years of flying I’ve heard such a heads up.

1 Like

Yeah people tend to panic from the smallest things, KSFO parallel runways are pretty close together.

1 Like

Had my first one a few days ago coming into CYYC