Parallel Landing at Las Vegas!

I’ve flown a few of Southwest Airlines’ daily KRDU-KLAS routes in the past (real-world). Today, I decided to complete the route in IF. Slightly bumpy descent into Vegas but mainly a smooth flight while traveling west. On final descent, completed a parallel landing with a Rouge aircraft!

Route flown: KRDU CATAR WLFFF SHPRD SPA GQO SALMS FLORS MEM IRW CRUSR PNH TCC ABQ ZUN 3537N/11333W CEJAY KADDY TYSSN SUZSI PRINO KLAS

22 Likes

Those happen almost all the time at Atlanta

1 Like

Last holiday’s I was traveling from Costa Rica to Atlanta on Delta Airlines as a passenger. I got to expirance a really cool parell landing. Funny thing is that the other aircraft was also a Delta Airlines flight.

Great pictures, I love parallels landings :)

1 Like

Now that’s one proper parallel landing!

2 Likes

And the Rouge from YVR! My Vegas departure KLAS-KBOS was bumpy in the A321 but other than that a good flight.

Love these type of landings. Always fun trying to maintain a good or safe distance to avoid conflict and still focus on landing. I always love a challenge. Must of been fun! 😁

Yep it was a good challenge! Plus it was neat to watch it on replay after the flight. We touched-down at the exact same time basically.

There was definitely a lot of multitasking involved. Constantly had to watch airspeed, proximity to the Rouge aircraft, the runway, etc.