P-3 in Phoenix @PHX

Not gonna lie was a little surprised sitting in my math class and getting a notification saying NOAA’s P-3 would be coming into Phoenix.

Luckily with a light class load i was able to make the journey down to PHX to spot her arrival. She ended up leaving earlier this morning bound for Anchorage, AK.

Enjoy the extra shots!

barely made it in time for Imua’s departure bound for Vegas

the Relay for Life sticker 767-400 leaves for Atlanta

using every inch of possible runway

nvm this is using ever last millimeter of runway possible

yay a no winglet 737-900

fatty

this was the loudest plane of all day

charter 757 from SFO

Hurricane Hunter from LAL!

thanks for viewing!!!

favorite?
0 voters
rate!
0 voters
38 Likes

Gotta be the first one - that livery is stunning!

1 Like

i just realized i didn’t post a single airbus (yay)

2 Likes

Cool photos.

1 Like

nico photos

1 Like

thanks both of you!

Oof

1 Like

😱 gorgeous plane! I haven’t seen it in person still unfortunately (it literally taxied past me in Vegas last week, but I was on the other side 😭), but definitely on the list of liveries I’d rush out to spot if it was coming at a reasonable time to LGB.

1 Like

Nice photos, all! But scrolling down to number 10, first place is no contest, with the balance and content:

You got Four Peaks in the background (it shouts Phx), the tower and terminal with aircraft as the closer background, the exhaust turbulence coming out of that unique turboprop.

(bias: when I was in preschool we did a field trip to Sky Harbor where we explored a prop commercial aircraft, cockpit and all: this gives me flashbacks of that first time I set foot in an aircraft)

1 Like

just a week ago Four Peaks had snow on em

1 Like

God how I wish I could see an L-188 (or a P-3 in this case) in person.

Great shots! Love the tower incorporated in the last one.

1 Like

yes, that spot where i took the p3 shot with the tower is technically not allowed but there were like 10 other people already there

safety in numbers lol

1 Like

imua one will trump any other livery ever

It truly is a masterpiece.

P3 is such an interesting aircraft

VH-X4A is a very close 2nd

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.