Overspeed

Hello, I did a flight from Frankfurt to London On TS… I am grade 3… My speed was clearly 210 kts when I was Decenting… however when I was Decenting overspeed command was beeping unteill the end of my flight… after my flight I checked and I was grade 1! How did this happen? 😡😱😭

1 Like

You must have gotten overspeed violations, are you sure your speed didn’t go up while descending?

1 Like

Check out this topic made by our very own Brandon Sandstrom.

🙂

1 Like

Are you sure that is was 210kts and not 310kts?

We’re you in a Cessna or cirrus?

When you descend too quickly your speed tends to go up. Make sure you monitor your speed closely during your arrival stage.

Just because your autopilot was set to 210 kts, this does not mean your aircraft actually has an IAS of 210 kts. You must have been descending too quickly, meaning that even at 0% throttle, your aircraft’s speed actually increased even though your A/P was set to that.
In the future, descend more slowly/further out and use flight spoilers if you are speeding up.

1 Like

Remember that indicated airspeed will increase as you descend into thicker air, irrespective of your ground speed.

Yep… 100% sure… I was below 210kts

1 Like

What aircraft were you using?

1 Like

Thanks! Appreciated ;)

2 Likes

The Britsih Airways 757

1 Like

Something is up then, that aircraft can’t overspeed at 210knots when it’s that low.

What alt were you at when the beeping started?

1 Like

What was your altitude? If you’re above 27 thousand feet your autopilot speed is set to the Mach number which might have caused you to over speed as the game kept your Mach number and not airspeed.

1 Like

I was cursing at 32,000ft

1 Like

Yes 32,000ft… I think it’s a bug. It’s annaoying to be Garde 1 for idk how long.

1 Like

And at what altitude did the overspeed-notification appear?

1 Like

It is not a bug; the Mach number is kept instead of airspeed for a reason (not sure which one, though.) Did you keep your autopilot speed on as you were descending?

1 Like

From when I reached 32,000ft till the flight was ended

1 Like

Yes I did keep it on

1 Like