Overspeed Error

I was recently climbing in a 737-800 and briefly exceeded the speed limit, and now the overspeed alarm will not go off until my wheels touch the ground. It is still on even at 140 kts GS. The same thing happened to me in the A320 yesterday. This is definitely a big issue because its incredibly annoying to have to fly your entire flight with the terrible sound. Using an iPhone 6 iOS 11.0.1

To clarify, are you saying the sound stays on despite reducing to a speed below the limit?

That is correct. Like i said, even at 140 kts

1 Like

This is the second time I’ve heard of this. Seems odd.

1 Like

Yeah having the same issue. I will try the recommendations on that topic.

1 Like

Yeah, didn’t work for me.

That would be helpful since the other user never reported back. Hopefully that is a good sign. Be sure to report back here ;)

Didn’t work for me. Sorry. Any other suggestions?

I’ll try to reproduce this and address it. :)

2 Likes

Simple fix dont fly at the edge of your aircraft’s capabilities. You shouldnt be on the border in any aircraft so overspeed shouldnt be a problem if you are flying the aircraft at appropriate speeds

2 Likes

👆that’s pretty much the solution right there!

2 Likes

That would generally be the solution except that I set my climb speed, and then as the aircraft climbs, the IAS limit goes down depending on the altitude, so this is an issue for me because I don’t have the IAS limits of every thousand feet memorized

It’s based on Mach speeds at that point. Simple solution don’t leave the device until your established in cruise.

2 Likes