Overnighters

Hello IFC! I want to know how people do overnighters. And what I mean by this is step climbing. How do you step climb while you’re sleeping? I feel like I could do so many more flights, but this always confuses me. I love long hauls so I wanted to see if anyone had any tips? Thanks!

I explained this horribly, so if you don’t understand the question, then it’s ok.

2 Likes

Unfortunately you have to step climb manually so you’ll have to be awake when doing it unless you use a third party application.

Honestly, I tend to do long-hauls thru the day, but if I’m doing an overnighter, there’s no real way you can stepclimb. Which sucks… but it’s okay. 😑

There is an app called In-Flight Assistant that you can program to step climb for you. I can tell you how if you want :)

1 Like

Doesn’t In-flight assistant cost money? 💰

Yeah I’ll just use more fuel instead of paying money, I’m not paying for gas here

2 Likes

Well I mean, if you want, there is that app. It’s only $5, lol.

Yeah but then the step climbing feature costs another $5

I keep on telling my parents to buy me applications for IF, and Aerofly, and xPlane, and they’ll completely ignore me. 😂

1 Like

No, it doesn’t. I used it once and didn’t pay a dime.

Thats no longer the case then.

I bough IFA and I didn’t really like it. But I had no idea that it had VNAV.

well it does… for $5

Wait, so extra 5$?

yep, kinda sucks

Oh, I just used the Alerts/NAV thing. Is that not the same thing?

That cots extra
*costs lol

Not the one I use. Must be a different thing 🤔

Wait, is it Infinite flight assistant?

Well, what I do when I do overnight flight I’m awake until I’m cruising ATL and it’s safe for me to go.
That’s all

Thanks,
Lawin

#staysafewithinfiniteflight

1 Like