Overnight overheating

Im planning on doing a long overnight flight but im worried that having IF running and being on a charger could cause my phone to overheat and cause a problem, is this a problem and what could i do to prevent it. I have an IPHONE 6s by the way

3 Likes

Low power mode, brightness as low as it gets, graphics settings lower. I haven’t attempted a long haul but this should help. Also make sure it has good ventilation.

3 Likes

all good ideas, ill also see if i have a small fan to put next to it

1 Like

Sorta about the ventilation, If you have your device brightness all the way down, settings to the lowest the low power mode turned on in game, and have it plugged in, it shouldn’t overheat, i do 18+ flights with my device plugged in for 15 hours, in never gets to hot during cruise when everything is lowered so:) The device will settle around the temperature of the room as well, cold room cool device and so on:)

4 Likes

Also something that could help is having the camera pointed down in the cockpit so the scenery below you doesn’t load over time making your device not having to work as hard.

4 Likes

I have done a bunch of long hauls on the 6s,It does over heat but after a while it cools down I have done 12-14 hours flights with it,Just make sure it’s in a open space

1 Like

My phone gets pretty warm while flying, never really thought anything of it, maybe I should.

Good idea

I also got the 6s does the slight heat bother you?

1 Like

Ice it, case closed… (don’t actually do that)

1 Like

No not really,When you’re actually flying the overheating is crazy but when I wake up in the morning my phone is cool until I have to prep for landing

Don’t you think it will cause long term repercussions to your phone and how well it runs? I have always been worried about that.

I think these tips are sufficient, and add to what hasn’t been mentioned yet.

I think you should be fine because I get the overheating but with the IF low power mode thing it helps prevent that

Oh and to prevent screen burn (caused by the same image being displayed for far too long) I set my camera to scenic so it moves around the aircraft. :)

2 Likes

I Recomend to Take all the graphics settings to low and Anti aliasing off, Device brightness to the lovest brightness settings and turn your Device off and on, no sounds.

That is my list of what to do when i do it and it works very good.

Good Luck with your flight!

1 Like

I do long hauls most nights with my iphone 7, id never attempt it with my ipad. Iv never had a problem with overheating, once im at cruise i turn the brightness down to the lowest and everything is perfect.

1 Like

Why won’t you use your IPad for long hauls?
(I’m planning a 16 hour flight using my own ipad and I want to know if I’ll face any repercussions)

1 Like

The repercussions depend on what iPad you have. Could you give us the type?

I know almost all iPads are great on long hauls and experience no overheating, but some older models may need some settings changed for long flights. If we know the model, then we can help you better prepare!

It’s a IPad 5th Gen

Since I don’t own that iPad, I would suggest contacting (via PM) either @Allen_Lu or @DL_FILM, as they both own this device and can clear up any questions/concerns you have. I wouldn’t expect you to have any problems, since it was released on 2017, but it’s always good to ask just in case!

2 Likes