Overcrowded airports

Some airports, especially the new 3D Princess Juliana international, are mostly overcrowded with lots of planes inbound and departing.
Have you ever experienced a “traffic jam” at an airport? If yes, how was it and how many minutes did your flight delay?

10 Likes

26 Likes

Omg, that should be a nightmare for the ATC…

2 Likes

The traffic jam in the air at TNCM a few days ago kinda looked like this lol

3 Likes

Welp this explains it

1 Like

Sydney on Expert Server! Waited almost an hour to takeoff!

6 Likes

I have experienced traffic jams on ground and on the air. On the ground is common on FNF’s and events but on the air is much more difficult. Mostly is at FNF’s and I have been more than an hour in a holding pattern waiting for a gap to land

2 Likes

I remember I arrived at Princess Juliana one time, at peak traffic. My eta was 21:30Z, but it turned out to be around 23:30Z. Plus on the ground, it took another hour to get to my parking space. Although for me the issue wasn’t the long wait it was the impatience of many other users. I experienced people speeding ahead of me, firewalling their throttles to cut in front of me. I even experienced ATC telling me that I would be reported if I didn’t follow instructions, even though I have not done anything wrong. It was fun, but a little disappointing aswell.

1 Like

I usually try to avoid crowded airports, but on 21.3’s update day, I was approaching NTAA after a flight from Los Angeles. Some of you who frequent NTAA might know that if you approach RW4, then you would have quite a distance to backtaxi. I was on approach with two other planes a few miles behind while another person was backtaxiing. They were backtaxiing so slowly that me and the person behind me had to go around, while the third person opted to end their flight early. So, please be considerate of planes trying to land while backtaxiing.

1 Like

Spent 2 hours from TFFF to TNCM at the last FNF event approaching Juliana, since ATC must ensure enough gap for arrival aircraft to back taxi the runaway, I simply did 10 hold circles over the Saba isle before getting the permission to visual approach 😂

1 Like

Never had a traffic Jam after playing for like 7 Months Can’t really think of one

1 Like

Yesterday at KSAN. It wasn’t really much of a traffic jam but there were sure a lot of planes there.

1 Like

So bad… I wouldn’t fly in with so many players.

1 Like

The traffic jam I was stuck in was at PHNL during a massive event or something there. I was waiting for an hour to take off, as first in line to take off!

Let me see if I can go get a screen shot of it

Edit: i have this low quality image after i got lined up after an hour. You can see tons of aircraft (the ones that are showing atleast)

1 Like

I remember sometime back in 2019 I was flying into EHAM from ZGGG. Upon arrival into Amsterdam it was really crowded and kept on getting vectored and put me into hold and then I ended my flight there because I had something else I had to attend.

1 Like

I remember controlling it, it was about a 30min takeoff queue if u were at the back

May of been during the event that was there. 150 aircraft+

2 Likes

It’s coming back to me and the reason why I ended my inbound flight was so I could be on time for that event.

2 Likes

it was late 2019.

This was it: [149 attended][Partnered with AFKLM and DLVA] Huge EHAM fly-out: KLM 100th anniversary @EHAM 051830ZOCT19 - #896 by Alex_Kyte

2 Likes

I remember when the 777-200ER first came out I flew from Melbourne to Sydney. I took me about three hours because so many people were at Sydney.

1 Like