Over the tropic islands (TPE-CGK)

Hey IFC 👋. Today, I got a chance to fly from Taiwan’s Taipei 🇹🇼 to Indonesia’s Jakarta 🇮🇩. We are planning to cruise over the south east Asia’s stunning tropic islands at 40000 feet up in the air, and descend to the foggy afternoon Jakarta.

Hope you’ll enjoy my little summary of the flight!

• Server: Expert
  • Aircraft: A350-900
  • Livery: China Airlines
  • Flight duration: 4 hours 43 minutes
  • Route: Taipei - Jakarta
  • Call sign: Dynasty 761 Heavy
  • Departure: 9:00am scheduled (simulator time)
  • Arrival: 13:00pm scheduled (simulator time)

Spawned right next to a guy going for the same route as me. The one in front is me.

Taxiing to runway 23R.

Takeoff with 8 knots of headwind!

Amazing view of Taipei’s scenery as we leave Taiwan.

We flew over Manila (at the very left of the photo) and Subic (at the very right of the photo) located in the Philippines 🇵🇭 . It was really cool because my family and I used to live at Subic. It was nice to see where we lived from above!

Entering East Malaysia. Mount Kinabalu and the jungle below looks absolutely beautiful! 😍

Approaching Indonesia

On final with runway 07R. As you can see, it is pretty foggy in Jakarta today with only 5km of visibility. We are crabbing a little as well. 8 knots of crosswind.

Smooth landing right on the touchdown zone! Perfect uncrabbing as well!

Parked myself with fellow colourful airliners.

This was a very relaxing afternoon flight both in real life and in the simulator. The fog in Jakarta spiced up things a bit at the end, so it was really fun as well! Hoping to do one of these island flights again!

Comment which photo you liked the most!

Thanks for viewing this post, and have a great day! ☀️

17 Likes

Great pics! Especially liked the 6th one.

1 Like