Over 90 Airlines Completely Suspend Operations

Air Greenland has also cut all flights through Apr 4

And just a few days later, we’re well over 80 airlines suspending all operations.

1 Like

Miami Air has gone away =(

1 Like

Didn’t they file for Ch. 11 bankruptcy protection or something? Does that mean they actually went bankrupt?

They have filed for bankruptcy and reorganization due to the Covid-19. Sad see them go they were a good company.

1 Like

Meanwhile Qatar Airways CEO seems to be arrogant and not suspend his flights despite revenue decreasing

1 Like

Every time.

But hey, at least they finally got to launch their Doha to Brisbane flight… temporarily.

1 Like

They got money they can still operate

But they should consider and realize people are barely travelling and should consider safety of their cabin crew/pilots as well

Make sure I understand you correctly, they keep flying their aircraft and employing their people so they should stop and furlough or let go their crews?

Yes, at least suspend their flights like how the other middle east airlines did

Technically Etihad and Emirates were forced by their government.

1 Like

I’ve been keeping tabs on 96XX flights for American coming into Pittsburgh. There’s a lot. By Friday there will be 86 grounded planes at PIT, insane…

1 Like

PenAir has officially ceased operations after being bought by Ravn a few years back

Emirates had shut down most of their global network with a few exceptions before the UAE authorities ordered grounding of into flights

Ravn Alaska has suspended operations

1 Like

I don’t know how reputable the ADN is, but according to them, 3 DHC-8s are remaining in service

They are our local news, I got wind of them making this announcement this morning crazy two weeks ago me and my management were talking what if Ravn cancels operations whats going to happen.

1 Like

ADN is reputable. Most Alaskan villages are shutting off travel completely (airplanes are the only way in). @ChiefChipMan sent me an interesting article on this:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/northwest/alaska-villages-to-ban-restrict-air-travel-amid-coronavirus/

1 Like

This is not true