Other Features

Hey guys, hope your all well! I was just wondering whether we will ever see features such as clouds, taxi lights, airport buildings, 3D oceans? It’s ok that they keep developing the aircrafts but I think to take the game to the next level they should really start including some of the stuff I have mentioned
What do you think?

2 Likes

This is coming in Project Metal

Specifically Taxi Lights and Clouds

1 Like

Clouds are in development, taxi lights may come with a new lighting system which is already in development, airport buildings and 3D buildings require millions of dollars only for the data, which is the kind of money IF probably doesn’t have laying around. Also, don’t forget it’s a mobile sim that should run on devices with 1GB or RAM, so a lot of the work is not in necessarily developing it but making it run smooth on low-end devices

1 Like

Hello! Most likely, these features will come when project metal is released. If you don’t know what that is, you can click on this link to learn more:

In the meantime, feel free to vote for some of the features that you mentioned!

1 Like

Is there any word on when project metal will come out?

No word I’m afraid. It’s at a ‘whenever it’s ready’ phase at the moment. 🙂

these features should come out in the early 2030’s

2 Likes

I would like to clarify some of the comments I have seen with Project Metal. Project Metal is about replacing the graphics engine of the app. The goal is for Project Metal to be released and the end user not be impacted. Clouds, Lights, etc may be released at a separate time from Metal. In other words just because Metal is released does not mean Clouds will be part of it. I see a lot of comments from users who assume they are at the same time.

Think of it like the changing of a graphics card in your PC. Changing cards is not going to change how windows looks but it will open up windows to a new world of graphics possibility for apps.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.