Oslo spotting Nov. 2020 - New lens

Got a new Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary lens and had to test it while I wait for my 70-200/2.8 DG OS HSM Sport.

Camera: Canon EOS 700d
Lens: Sigma 100-400mm

Instagram account

Photos

3 year old Norwegian 787-9 Dreamliner. Ferry flight to Dublin for repaint. Last flight in Norwegian colors.
Reg. LN-LNT, UNICEF Livery

SAS 737-800, Star Alliance livery climbing out of rwy 19R.
Reg. LN-RRW

SAS A320 Neo
Reg. SE-ROJ

SAS 737-700
Reg. LN-RRA

Turkish 737-800 to Istanbul.
Reg. TC-JHZ

LOT E190STD to Warsaw.
Reg. SP-LMA

Royal Norwegian Airforce F-16. He came out of the blue, so hadn’t time to adjust shutterspeed. Shot at 1/640.

29 year old West Atlantic BAe ATP-F transporting mail around in Norway.
Reg. SE-LGX

Close up of Norwegian 737-800. First officer wearing a cap.
Reg. LN-RPG

Emirates 777, Expo 2020 Sustainability livery. Not the best light/angle
Reg. A6-ENH

Qatar A350-900

Qatar 787-9

Norwegian Coastal Administration Beech King Air 200

58 Likes

I saw that Norwegian Dreamliner land at Dublin! Small world. I was also thinking of getting a new lens soon. Would you recommend this?

1 Like

No Widerøe today? Always love those shots. I also love these ones as well though. Nice work!

2 Likes

Cool!
It’s a good lens but need light. For everyday spotting i would reccomend Sigma 70-200 F2.8

1 Like

Thanks!
Well, I got one baby Dash but the photo didn’t turn out good enough.

1 Like

Very nice photos Andre!

1 Like

Nice photos!
Is Oslo Airport used with a military base?

1 Like

Yes, the C-130 and DA-20 Jet Falcon squadrons are based there. And just a few miles south we have Kjeller airport where some of the maintenance on F-16 is done.

1 Like

Really nice shots! Love the 2nd one of the Norwegian 787!

1 Like

Thanks!
Did you notice the smoke/vapor coming out of engine 1 on that photo?

1 Like

Those are amazing photos, great job Andre!

1 Like

Thanks!
Could have been better. Messing around with different settings. This lens fits better to a full frame cam.

1 Like

Really great pictures!

1 Like

No, I didn’t!

Fantastic!

1 Like

I love your shots, just when I think it can’t get better it blows my mind again and again.

1 Like

These photos are stunning

Your pictures are always great, but the quality of these is really fantastic. Great colours and great light with some really cool and unique views as well. Really well done, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

WOW.

1 Like

Awesome shots Andre! The detail on all of them are fantastic. Also great choice on the time of day you went to go shoot! Lighting is great.

1 Like