Orientation doubt - Duda de orientación

Translation to English .
Hello everyone and greetings. I have a question and it is a bit difficult to ask. When I request permission to take off I see 4 responses: 1⁰ Take off from the runway straight ahead. 2⁰ Northbound. 3⁰ Southbound. 4⁰ Eastbound and 5⁰ Westbound. Let’s imagine that I take off from a runway heading north, so if I take off straight ahead I go north and if I want to take off heading east, since the runway is heading north, if I want to take off heading east, I have to turn to my right and everything is correct. But here is my question: Let’s imagine that the runway from which I take off is in a southerly direction and it is runway 18 and if I want to take off straight ahead, I will say that I take off straight ahead and I will be taking off in a 180 degree direction, but if I want to take off in East direction from that runway that is in a 180 degree direction, then I will NOT be taking off in an East direction and YES I will be taking off in a 270 degree direction, which are the degrees that are to my right. I think it is difficult to ask this question and if someone has understood me, can you give me the solution? Thank you 👍😉

Translation to Spanish .
Hola a todos y un saludo. Tengo una duda y es un poco complicada de preguntar. Cuando solicito permiso para despegar veo 4 respuestas: 1⁰ Despegar desde la pista todo recto. 2⁰ En direcciòn Norte. 3⁰ En dirección Sur. 4⁰ En dirección Este y 5⁰ En dirección Oeste. Imaginemos que despego desde una pista que su rumbo es el Norte, osea que si despego todo recto voy direcciòn Norte y si quiero despegar dirección Este, pués como la pista está rumbo norte, pués si quiero despegar dirección Este, tengo que virar a mi derecha y todo es correcto. Pero aquí está mi duda: Imaginemos que la pista por la que despego está en dirección Sur y es la pista 18 y si yo quiero despegar todo recto pués diré que despego todo recto y estaré despegando en direcciòn 180 grados, pero si yo quiero despegar en dirección Este desde esa pista que está direcciòn 180 grados, pués NO estaré despegando en la dirección Este y SÍ estaré despegando en dirección 270 grados que son los grados que están a mi derecha. Creo que es complicado hacer esta pregunta y si alguien me ha comprendido ¿ me puede dar la solución ? Muchas gracias 👍😉

1 Like

Took me a minute to wrap my head around that one…

If you are going to depart the airspace on the same heading as the runway (or near enough the same heading), you say straight ahead (I think its termed as “straight out” but it means the same).

Whether you say North, East, South or West is really simple. Basically if you are going to be turning soon after takeoff, whatever direction your flight plan is going is the direction you say.

E.g. say if you were flying from London to Frankfurt - you would likely say departing South or East depending on your flight plan given Frankfurt is to the South-east of London.

1 Like

I may be totally wrong here, but the way i do it is i announce my departure based on my arrival airports location relative to my departure airports location.

For example, lets say i was at Frankfurt airport; departing Runway 18 in both scenarios. If i were to do Frankfurt - London, then i would announce “Departing west.” However, if i were to do Frankfurt - Rome , i would announce straight out.

Once again, this is due to Rome being South of Frankfurt, and London being West, therefore the majority of my flight plan will take me in that direction - regardless of how long it takes me to turn away from the airport after the departure.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hello,

This did take me a good while to understand what you are asking but I think I get it now. If you request departure and say to the North, South etc. then you have to turn that way almost immediately after departure.

If you plan to make a 180 turn to follow your FPL or whatever the reason is then straight out is probably the best option so that way you can gain some altitude before making that turn.

2 Likes

Translation to English
@Butter575 Thank you for taking the time to understand my question and I appreciate your help, your answer . As always I am very grateful to you for your answers. Enjoy your flights. A cordial greeting. 😉👍

Translation to Spanish
@Butter575 Te agradezco el tiempo que has empleado en comprender mi pregunta y valoro tu ayuda, tu respuesta . Como siempre te estoy muy agradecido por tus respuestas. Que disfrutes de tus vuelos. Un cordial saludo. 👍😉

1 Like

Translation to English
@miles Thank you very much for understanding my complicated question and taking minutes of your time to answer me. I am very grateful to you. A cordial greeting and enjoy your flights. 😉👍

Translation to Spanish
@miles Muchas gracias por comprender mi complicada pregunta y emplear minutos de tu tiempo en responderme. Te estoy muy agradecido. Un cordial saludo y que disfrutes de tus vuelos. 😉👍

1 Like

Translation to English
BennyBoy_Alpha You are very kind and you are all very kind. With everything that you and the other pilots have explained to me, I already have enough information to know the answer to the question that I have asked. Once again I appreciate your kind response. Thank you very much and enjoy your flights 👍😉

Translation to Spanish
BennyBoy_Alpha Eres muy amable y todos sois muy amables. Con todo lo que tú y los demás pilotos me habeis explicado, ya tengo la suficiente información para saber la respuesta a la pregunta que he hecho. Una vez más valoro tu amable respuesta. Muchas gracias y que disfrutes de rus vuelos . 👍😉

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.