OregonAviaton’s ATC Tracking Thread - [PRACTICAL PASSED]

Welcome to OregonAviaton’s tracking thread!

I have recently passed my IFATC written test and looking for additional feedback and practice prior to my practical. If you wish to provide beneficial feedback, please follow all NOTAM’s and restrictions/procedures listed below.

Server: Training
Frequencies: Ground & Tower

NOTAM’s when open: GA aircraft at discretion dependent on the airport. Pattern work allowed. If using ILS, RNP, GPS, VOR, NDB for approaches, file flight plan. Additional NOTAM’s posted below.

If you would like to be tagged, please request below!

4 Likes

Go ahead and tag me😁

2 Likes

Tag me too please!

3 Likes

Hello, Congrats on passing the written test. Feel free to tag me when you open!

2 Likes

Will do. I might open KSNA in around an hour. Only concern about the airport is KLAX traffic trying to come over and land.

3 Likes

Do KLCK nobody goes there

1 Like

Currently open at KLCK

NOTAMS: Light aircraft permitted. Pattern work allowed.
Runways in use: Runway 5L for departures. Runway 5R for landings.
Frequencies: Ground and Tower.

Please use an appropriate altitude if transitioning or in the pattern.

1 Like

@BenjiTheBull @Arian_N @TheBest

1 Like

Thanks for the service!

Feedback from XB-NJI

Nothing from me, good job!

1 Like

Appreciate you saying hi!

2 Likes

Closed!

1 Like

Thanks for the pattern work!

• Transition altitude was incorrect at 3000ft, the correct transition altitude is 3500ft. To calculate transition altitude, take airport elevation 744ft + 2500ft = 3244ft. Round that to the nearest 500ft increment and 3500ft would be the correct transition altitude
  • Pattern entry, when called inbound, was good
  • Clearance was good with appropriate traffic direction
  • Clearances + sequences were good
  • “Extend downwind” command was unnecessary. When you sequence aircraft, it is the pilot’s responsibility to maintain minimum separation requirements when in the pattern
  • “adjust speed” command was also unnecessary. Again when a sequence is issued it is the pilot’s responsibility to maintain minimum separation
  • G/A with F-ANCY was caught however it was a close call as I was really close to the runway threshold

Good job today. Let me know if you have any questions.

Till next time!

1 Like

I rounded down to 3000 😤. My math skills are bad. Thanks for letting me know! Also, appreciate you letting me know the separation requirements. Cheers!

2 Likes

Np, glad I could help 👍

1 Like

You always round up😁

1 Like

My math brain died. Thanks for reminding me!

2 Likes

Hi! From F-ANCY:

I agree with much of what Arian said above.

• It is the pilot’s responsibility to maintain separation from the other aircraft in the pattern, so the “extend upwind” and “extend downwind” commands were not unnecessary.

• On my first landing, you cleared me for the option and then gave me a “make left traffic,” but that isn’t needed since it was in the takeoff command. Not a big deal, just something to take note of.

• Good job catching the G/A, albeit it was a little late.

Overall, great job today and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for having me!

1 Like

Thanks for coming! I definitely learned the separation requirements, appreciate that. Also, the go-around I agree that I was late and needed to focus on the go-around more than the pattern entry of Benji.

3 Likes

Yes! Keep in mind that your practical will have 7 pilots flying in the pattern, so make sure to try and anticipate the scenarios.

3 Likes

Have you gotten a trainer yet?

1 Like