Option to add SID/STARs to our Flight Plans

When creating a FPL it would be awesome to choose SIDs for the departure and STARs for the approach! I think it would make the flying experience much more realistic, especially with the upcoming global flights.

21 Likes

Hahaha would be good news for those who have really laggy experiences while making the FPL

Like I can just tap on MASBO2A and yay my flight plan is automatically generated :D

2 Likes

Hahah yeah, also that. But also for everyone who wants to fly realistically ;)

1 Like

Actually I get what you mean… Some established SID/STAR routes are not existent in IF when a waypoint goes missing… I had to use nearby existing waypoints to simulate the SID/STAR ._.

2 Likes

Yep, try take a STAR at WSSS for example, not all waypoints are there. When Global comes out it will be much easier, as we have the entire world to fly our SID/STAR.

Tell me about it lol… I always use the ARAMA1A arrival and some waypoints are missing but who cares? I still get to my destination with the crucial waypoints like ARAMA, BOBAG and SAMKO lol

Yep, fortunately most of the waypoints are there.

1 Like

great suggestion. It has been suggested before, but don’t think there has been a specific feature request for it.

The way I would see it implemented is that if you select an active runway at an airport the STAR and SID for that runway are shown (Red for STAR, Green for SID?) then you can select which one is appropriate. Do the same for your arrival airport, then use the airways to connect the two! Would not only help with making of Flight plans, but also would help both ATC and pilots in sequencing correctly for arrivals etc.

2 Likes

Great idea. But there’re missing waypoints, so making accurate SID/STAR departures/arrivals would be nigh impossible in some regions. Thats why everyone should look for missing waypoints and report them with the coordinates to the airport editing team.

3 Likes

This option needs to added! The only difficulty is trying to get plates from different countries since US ones are readily available.

True, Flightaware has most of them. I posted the charts for every civilian airport used in IF, but two links are non-functional now. I guess it´ll be harder to find the plates as time passes.

1 Like

They could use navigraph which has all the world’s charts IIRC, however, the devs may have to pay a huge amount of money for permission to use them in the sim.

Don´t forget about the final approach points, we would not be able to see them.

2 Likes

Also, maybe they could make a deal with the Navigraph producers. Show their name on the charts, crediting them somewhere on the main menu etc…
I´d understand if they wanted to keep IF as independent as possible though.

2 Likes

Hahaha what a joke man

I said MASBO was missing and they said it had been added but still I don’t see it

Along with missing fixes, I believe there are a few that are also misnamed as well. :)

1 Like

Why did this topic not get much attention!I think it does for realistic Flight plans

2 Likes

This would be good for global!

1 Like

I suggest waypoints that are the end of a SID are purple and the waypoints at the start of a STAR green, you click on the waypoint and tada it implements the plate. That way you don’t have to look up every chart to find the appropriate ones

1 Like

I think this is out of the realm of possibility for infinite Flight and that’s why it is possible to connect the app with ForeFlight.