Option On How To Filter SIDs & STARs

Firstly, this is not a request to be implemented in 20.2. I know it is feature complete.

So, you know how in 20.2 all the SIDs/STARs are arranged in order of direction? So, it groups all the Northern bound/from procedures in that section, then the NorthEasterly, etc. Well, here’s my problem with that.
Here’s my routing today from London Stansted (EGSS) to Palma De Mallorca (LEPA):
NUGB1S NUGBO M183 SILVA Q41 COWLY UT71 VAPID UN859 ROCAN UN13 LORES LORE1P

Palma is to the South SouthEast of London. So, most of you will just assume that the SID goes to the South SouthEast. Right? Wrong.
The NUGB1S departure actually goes to the West. Your routing, in this case SILVA COWLY etc, takes you from there to your destination. So, in Infinite Flight, the NUGB1S departure will be grouped with the westerly procedures. So, how am I supposed to find it? I know Stansted like the back of my hand now so I know that it goes to the west. But if it was new to me, I’d be looking for ages. In 20.1, I can just scroll to the N section as they are in alphabetical order.

For those of us who use flight planning tools like Simbrief, isn’t it easier to be able to have them in alphabetical order?
So, can’t we have a setting where we can choose whether we want it to be listed in:
Alphabetical order [A-Z]
Alphabetical Order [Z-A] - Not sure if anyone would use this one but anyway
Direction of departure/arrival
Runway(s) of use

I understand some of you prefer it to be done by direction if you aren’t looking for a particular procedure, but for those of us that are, this will be really annoying.

Let me know what you think!

Community Ideas!

1. A search bar
  2. tap on the namebox to select it

I must admit I do agree with this. I struggled to find procedures more than once (especially if they are distinguished between South, South West and West or something like it).

The 20.2 feature is great if you search for no one in particular, but if you already know which one it can be a struggle. Great request!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

To add to your request, I think filtering by runway would also be a nice touch

2 Likes

Nice idea! I’ll add it!

i totally agree. same problem with EDDT for me. i know it VERY well but can’t find the SID i’m searching for

1 Like

I have to agree. Had a similar issue when flying RPLL-RKSI the other day

Perhaps there could also be a search bar? That would make it a lot easier for me

2 Likes

Ooh, that’s a good idea! I like that!

1 Like

what if you could tap on the namebox to select it?

2 Likes

An real FMC has you select your departure runway and then automatically filters out the appropriate SIDS. And then the opposite for STARs. You select a STAR and then it filters out the runways. All info in the FMC is stored alphabetically. So your suggestion of the option to select which way you would like them shown is brilliant and it would be a nice add on if once you make a selection it filters out the connecting routes.

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like