Opinions on liveflight

Hi all, just wanted to know what your opinions are towards liveflight?

2 Likes

It’s pretty cool. Ads are wayy too intrusive, and it can be a bit laggy at times.

2 Likes

Really great app and also a fan of the Horizon subscription! User for multiple years now.

2 Likes

It’s great! I enjoy using it, and the Horizion subscription makes it even better.

1 Like

I really enjoy it and it can be a lot of help on flights!

However, one thing that bugs me (I don’t now if anyone else agrees) is that if you look at a plane’s route on Flight Radar 24, it is very smooth and looks nice. Especially with holding patterns. Now compare that to Live Flight, I find that even a nice consistent turn, holding pattern, etc. nine times out of ten it looks boxy or distorted or whatever you want to call it.

Overall, I love Live Flight and it serves it’s purpose well, it is just the not so smooth turns that sometimes bugs me.

I would be interested to hear what other people think of this. Is this something that happens to you? Does it bug you?

5 Likes

its horrible, lags way to much to be useful. I prefer other trackers way more

1 Like

Yes and yes. It gets better with Horizon I think, but that’s one of the few things I don’t like about Live Flight as it really doesn’t look good on certain departures, and happens >50% of the time in my experience.

2 Likes

I enjoy using LiveFlight, it’s pretty good for basic flight tracking, but it kinda annoys me when it rounds out straight lines, for example when you have a complicated taxi route and on LiveFlight it just looks like you’ve been Tokyo drifting around the airport

4 Likes

It’s actually the IF that’s providing the flight routes. It might be the case that the real-time location is more accurate than the flight route, but liveflight can’t log real-time data, since IF prohibids the storage of data acquired via Live API

3 Likes

Live flight never works for me in expert server. So I don’t use it often, which means I hardly have any complaints (may be except for one) 😊.

1 Like

The idea of such an app is great. Unfortunately I stopped using it since it’s loading for ever and sometimes I need to restart the app around 3 times

2 Likes

I always wondered what the names of the places I am flying over are in IF…so recently while using the iPad slide over feature I am able to see where I am and what’s on the ground from the skies in the LiveFlight app. Makes flying more interesting enhances curiosity. I use the app the same way you could use IF Checklists. Rarely experience lag unless when LiveFlight has its own server issues. Also gives me the ability to look at traffic around the globe without existing the IF interface. See below

Here is the link on how to use slide over multitasking features on an iPad

2 Likes

Honestly, as far as third party goes, I thing IF pax is the best one.

1 Like

It’s a really good app. Only few downsides for me is that it tends to be laggy only sometimes and also, it adds duplicate VORs or Waypoints to your flight, making it astronomically longer sometimes lol.

3 Likes

Nothing much can be done to be honest, since some waypoints have the same letters. Must agree it is laggy sometimes though!

1 Like