Opinion on US budget airlines

We are keeping this more than realistic. Try and admit the cons of FFT and know we are talking realism :)

1 Like

Depends. It might and it might not but you would probably know more than me because I haven’t flown them ;)

Try to admit the cons of Southwest :)

1 Like

Cons of both airlines:
Southwest:?
Frontier: baggage fees, food and drink fees, seat selection fees, overhead bin fees, and many others.

4 Likes

I have a question. Why do you refuse to admit the shortcomings of WN? I’ve stated my concern with you twice already but you refuse to address my point. What seems to be the issue? The below post was 60 posts ago addressed directly to you. To avoid valid points being posed is quite unfortunate.

Being on one side or the other utilizing only company-generated talking points is not the way to go.

2 Likes

Ok I’ll be honest, sometimes Southwest does overprice flights a little bit. But in my 10 times of flying with them, that’s the only negative thing I’ve ever seen!

2 Likes

I saw that. 'Twas pretty nice.

2 Likes

IMO, this thread is becoming increasingly pointless.

As a single 19 year old male, I’m getting on a flight that can get me from point A to point B in the time frame I want at reasonable prices. I couldn’t care less what carrier it is, nor their perks and frills. Sit down, shut up, and enjoy the flight. My $0.02.

10 Likes

And that’s what makes us different Josh. We each enjoy a different aspect of flying. The carrier in which I fly is a huge part of my trips that I take. And I’m sure it matters to many others. I think this thread is doing wonders. It’s actually letting people opinions and hash it out with others.
(I’m also a nineteen year old male, just happily not single with a wonderful girlfriend of three years now😊)

6 Likes

This thread was originally to state your opinion on US budget airlines!! Ok I have had my flaws on this thread…I admit that but still. This ain’t no SW vs. FFT debate. We ain’t doing a presidential debate on SW and FFT. Plzzzz get back on topic, state your opinion, respect other’s opinion, and plz stop arguing!

4 Likes

Your post was directed at me but all you said was how SW was hardly a saint either to Frontier. Don’t really get why I need to answer. And you were also stating how SW doesn’t have a fee chart. The reason they don’t have a fee chart is because they don’t need one ;)

1 Like

My assertion was aimed at the point you make about hidden fees. You’re very vocal about Frontier’s “hidden” fees and stating that WN does not have any hidden fees. Under your definition of “hidden”, your claim is factually false. Southwest does charge extra fees for certain fares in certain scenarios, but yet you still tout WN’s lack of “hidden” fees.

Now, I’m not in the US and I don’t have a side on this matter. I’m simply pointing out the factual error in the centre of your argument. You argue that people should fly WN instead of Frontier because they don’t have any “hidden” fees. In reality, WN’s fees are more “hidden” than Frontier’s. While a smaller subset of passengers will be affected by Southwest’s fees compared to Frontier’s fees, it is irresponsible to make assertions and arguments that insinuate that Southwest’s fees do not exist.

Budget airlines are continuing to eat into traditional carrier’s market despite their “hidden” fees. There is a reason why WN is charging the same price as Frontier for their bundled product. Southwest is concerned about Frontier and they want to drive out the competition as quickly as possible.

2 Likes

Thank you for that. :) I really appreciate how indepth you are going into this.

I understand that. Just don’t let it consume you. Even the pilots and attendants servicing Frontier aren’t going to go overboard about honorably defending their airline with “chivalry.” At the end of the day, it’s a job that I’m sure many have passion for. We all do what we have to do for whatever reason necessary, should it be either from the passenger or service end. Poetically pretending to grit your teeth and bear it is a bit much, though.

3 Likes

I agree with Josh on this statement.

Ok I never said I don’t like FFT and SW does not have any hidden fees how about fly them and find out. For goodness sake stop the dumb FFT vs SW argument nothing is gonna help your case

1 Like

That is true, at my local airport (ISP), F9 is adding 11 new destinations and Southwest has been here for almost 20 years now. When F9 announced CLT as one of the destinations, WN added direct (1 stop but no plane change) 2x daily ISP-RDU service, and since F9 will be doing nonstop service to a few other nonstop destinations on WN from ISP, I’ve noticed they’ve lowered their prices considerably. I’ve also noticed that they’ve been doing this as well whenever any other airline comes here. But at the same time, it is great to have competition!

2 Likes

That is actually quite clever by both airlines! @SkyHighGuys @RTG113

2 Likes

Its really funny to see people complaining about the poor service and legroom on airlines like Spirit as you get what you pay for. Stop whining. If you want better amenities, you are going to have to pay a bit more.

2 Likes

Frontier: Never tried.
Spirit: Can be described in 1 word - trash
Southwest: Awesome but I am not a fan of the seating arrangement.

1 Like