Operator ATC Tracking thread (closed)

Fly though all the airport which has runway 23L, 23R if you hear “you are in active airport…” You are in right place.

Look in the main topic genius. This is the community where you’re required to read and find things out on your own or be shunned. So read the high speed topic of this thread before you come here being all brilliant.

Or you could just say where, rather than scrolling though 80+ posts

You obviously read the part that asks you to put the airport in the title then

1 Like

I got something for that brb.

Don’t bother, I’m off to bed, little interest in helping anyone so rude

You just did. Fixed. Thanks.

Hey! Great controlling!

I was wow 1305

I’m new at this also. So, I don’t have much feedback to give you. Just one question. In the last run why did you cleared me twice? I announced I was on left base doing a full stop to let you know that it was a full stop since you had last cleared me for the Option. I think just a Roger would been fine.

All the other instructions feel fine, I think the handover was great. Transition altitud was according to the manual. Pattern entry also according to manual. For me it felt the timing of the instructions was right.

Second clear you were giving me a heads up that you were no longer doing a pattern (valuable information not all pilots will announce) my second clear Not Needed. I suppose roger would be good enough I’m not curtain. Btw good seein ya fly. Thanks for coming by.

1 Like

EDDL open for pattern work

Rwy 23L and 23R for departure and arrival

“Roger” would’ve sufficed

1 Like

I’ll be coming to do some patterns in about 5 minutes. Callsign will be N-MW43

1 Like

Only issue I saw was the delay for the exit runway command. Apart from that, all good!

Hello Operator,

I was in a C172, callsign N80991.

You did really well, with a few things I’d like to mention.

1. The command speed was pretty consistent, but I did notice a delay in things like runway changes and transitions [this is very minor and doesn’t need to be a top priority ;) ].
  2. When I was instructed to go around, @MrMrMan had been cleared for takeoff, prior to me being told to go around. While this was okay since I was in a Cessna, if I was in a faster aircraft, he could have rotated into me.

Everything else that happened was good and I think you’ll be able to pass your practical in no time. I look forward to seeing you in IFATC!

P.S. This video is really helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyjs5eWlQZ8

2 Likes

Hey wow thank all of you for flying that was exciting yet confusing. If test day is like that I’m not ready.

1 Like

Hey there @Operator! I was N4EM.

We were joking around in the IFATC Slack that we were kinda throwing everything at you and really testing you. There was a lot of everything, including go arounds, runway changes, and lots of sequencing to be had.

I appreciate your honesty here. For something like IFATC, it can be good to admit if you’re not ready and just train, train, train until you get it. Much better than jumping into the deep end unprepared.

Overall, you didn’t do too too bad. I’ve forwarded all of my feedback to @MJhendo.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your time and training experience you offered out there. It’s a no wonder the quality of what happens on expert is on point.

1 Like

Looking forward to having you with us in IFATC one day. :)

1 Like

EDDL open for patterns etc

Tracking thread EDDL open had to reset audio wasn’t working

1 Like