Operation Santa Claus 2023

This is my first year doing anything like this, but starting on Monday December 18th, I will be embarking on a 5 day around the world journey as a fundraiser for Operation Christmas Child on infinite flight. This journey will take me close to 30,000 miles stopping in 13 countries, and 5 of the 7 continents.

The Goal:
The goal of this journey is to spread positivity to those in the Infinite flight community, and to those who are in need donations. The route was specifically chosen to fly through 2 of the poorest countries in 4 of the 7 continents. The route is the most efficient way to accomplish this crazy mission. Throughout the journey, I will be under the callsign OK-SANTA, as it is the closest thing I could find to being Santa. Below I will attach the route I will be following, and the times (assuming all goes somewhat to plan). The route will begin and end in Denver, and the official departure time will be 1500Z on Monday December 18 at the DEN airport cargo ramp.

Route:
Monday
Denver - Port-au-Prince (Hati) (DEN-PAP)
Port-au-Prince - La Paz (Bolivia) (PAP-LPB)
Tuesday
La Paz - Asuncion (Paraguay) (LPB-ASU)
Asuncion - Rio De Janeiro (FUEL) (ASU-SDU)
Rio De Janeiro - Lilongwe (Malawi) (GIG-LLW)
Wednesday
Lilongwe - Bujumbura (Burundi) (LLW-BJM)
Bujumbura - Sana’a (Yemen) (BJM-SAH)
Thursday
Sana’a - Kabul (Afghanistan) (SAH-KBL)
Kabul - Phnom Penh (Cambodia) (KBL-PNH)
Phnom Penh - Port Moresby (Papua New Guinea) (PNH-POM)
Friday
Port Moresby - Kiritimati (Micronesia) (POM-CXI)
Kiritimati - Maui (Unites States) (CXI-OGG)
Maui- Denver (United States) (OGG-DEN)

Aircraft: 757-200 (Infinite Flight Livery)
Username: Brayden DeMink

Links to Donate (Christmas Child, Maui Fire Rebuilding)
https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/https://www.rebuildingmaui.org

Disclaimer: If there is a malfunction with flight sim equipment mid-flight, I will rejoin at the starting airport of the next leg

See ya in the sky!

13 Likes

The links above had a problem so here they are agin:
\https://www.rebuildingmaui.org

4 Likes

Hey!
Well that’s a really nice initiative! On what server you will be flying? It would be a pleasure if I can join you!

2 Likes

It will be on the expert server

4 Likes

Oh no! I’m only grade 2 so I won’t be able to join you 😫
Well, have fun !

I might be able to join some flights but not all

Operation Santa Clause Day 1

Good Afternoon everyone, I thought I would share a daily update on Operation Santa Claus to show our progress. I am currently overhead southeast Columbia bound for La Paz, Bolivia ETE 2hr 8min. After landing in Bolivia, we will be on the ground for about 2hrs, and will be departing for Asuncion, Paraguay at around 0300Z. I will post the flight plan below for those who are interested in joining for our last leg of the day.

Progress:
7,406 kg of gifts delivered
3,100nm traveled
23,576nm to go

Flight Plan:

SLLP/28 N0456F410 DCT ORU DCT ALC DCT VME DCT SGAS/02

Flight Time: 2hr 04min, FL410

See you in the skys!

1 Like

Operation Santa Clause Day 2

Good Afternoon everyone, we have made it to our 3rd continent of Africa! We just landed in Windhoek, Namibia for a fuel stop. Last night, I decided to extent our day by 1 more leg, flying late into the night to Rio De Janeiro. This morning, we departed on the 7hr 10min trans-atlantic flight to Namibia where we are now. We have 1 more leg today to our first official stop in Africa - Lilongwe, Malawi. For those interested in joining us on our leg to Lilongwe, I will list the flight plan below. Departure time will be 0100Z.

Progress:
22,218 kg of gifts delivered
9,148nm traveled
17553nm to go

Flight Plan:

FYWH/26 N0476F340 UTUL1B UTULO UN185 EGRED UN183 XOTEK UN186 VEDRY/N0473F350 UM438 XUBOG UJ205 KOBOD UL437 ELEPA ELEP2B FWKI/14

Flight Time: 2hr 53min, FL340

See you in the skies!

Operation Santa Clause Day 3

Good eventing everyone, we are currently on the ground in our 3rd continent and our 8th country in the city of Sana’a, Yemen. We have had a full day of flying today, and had the chance to visit the country of Burundi before making the 3hr flight up to Yemen. The day is not over however, as we have 1 more flight up to Kabul, Afghanistan, to put us ahead of schedule. For those interested in joining us on our last flight of the day, I will post the flight plan below. We will be departing around 0200Z.

Progress:
35,998kg of gifts delivered
12,253nm traveled
14,448nm to go

Flight Plan:

OYSN/36 N0465F370 MUTA2R MUTAB M318 RAGNI L564 RAGPO DCT MIGMA M550 GOLGU M318 LOVEM/N0461F390 M318 GABKO/N0461F380 M317 RADEB/N0459F390 M318 KHM A453 TAPIS DCT OAKB/29

Flight Time: 4hr 03min, FL370

See you in the skies!

This is a lovely thing you’re doing. This is definitely something to be proud of.

1 Like

Can I join this event?

Yeah of course. I have the schedule posted above and I will be starting tomorrow in Kabul if you want to join. Start time will be about 1730Z.

I will join!

Will join this! What time in Zulu?

Operation Santa Clause Day 4

Good afternoon everyone, we are currently leveled off at 42,000ft over beautiful southeast Thailand. We are 80nm from starting our decent into Phnom Penh, and will be on the ground within the next 30 minutes. We will be on the ground in Cambodia for about 6hr 30min before we embark on our last flight of the day to Port Moresby. The flight to Port Moresby is one to be excited for, as we will be flying over stunning scenery such as the tropical waters of Indonesia, and the Philippines. For those interested in joining on this leg, the flight plan will be posted below.

Progress:
42,888kg of gifts delivered
14,636nm traveled
12,505nm to go

Flight Plan:

VDPP/05 K0898F310 DCT POPET DCT MAMOK/N0485F310 DCT TRK A211 MWB W61 FORMY/N0479F330 W61 BIK B462 EMPRA DCT PY DCT AYPY/32R

Flight Time: 6hr 26min, FL330

See you in the skies!

I will be making all of the flight plans for tomorrow later this evening, and when the flight plans and times are decided, I will send all of the details.

I had a slight change of plans, and will be stopping in Honiara, Solomon Islands before heading out to Kiritimati. The flight plans for both of the legs will be posted below. We will be departing for Honiara at 1730Z, and should be arriving by 1930Z, and we should depart for Kiritimati around 2115Z.

Flight Plan - Honiara:

NUPTA1 NUPTA KAPKI B598 PAKMI PAKM1A

Flight Plan - Kiritimati:

RAXU1P BIKSU A598 NI A584 B474 ARTOP 00N170W 01N160W

I will only be able to join this leg sorry

Because of time

All good. We are about to head out!

1 Like