OpenSource Livery Templates

There can be a team that does it like we have IFAET

4 Likes

I think this is a really cool idea ! You would have the opportunity to add liveries faster to IF (but only if you take it serious).
The idea of creating ones own private livery would also pretty damn cool and I know some people don’t like this idea but what if only you can download the livery and you can only choose one aircraft where to put it on. Sounds like a good compromise for me !

1 Like

Though I think it is a great idea, I believe this is one of the main reasons that this won’t work …
In RFS there has been opensource livery templates, which indeed increased the number of liveries, BUT there are someone who use this as a political tool, to insult other people as well as spreading rumors and discrimination …
I recently saw an RFS livery, which is full of insulting words aimed at China. As a Chinese I felt shocked when I read those words written in multiple languages. Surely we all don’t want this to happen in IF, which is not a place for politicians but for us aviation enthusiasts… so the easiest way to prevent it is not having opensource templates I think…

6 Likes

Read before saying anything :) Additionally, RFS will never be as good as IF is so I completely disagree !

3 Likes

My fault 😅didn’t really know what "troll"means until looking it up
If real world liveries are allowed only then it would be perfect

1 Like

I think real world airlines should be allowed and maybe this:

1 Like

We could have an IFLET: Infinite Flight Livery Editing Team. This would be so awesome to have, especially with many awesome and passionate users that would be ready to use their talents towards the app. I cleared a vote for this one!

10 Likes

Here is the idea we needed !

@Alex_Kraz @misterATOMIC

5 Likes

Why can’t they just have client side liveries with model matching? Not really any opportunity to have trolling happen there.

1 Like

I absolutely love this idea. 100% voting for this. I think another way this could work, is if the mods approve it, it’ll be put into the game. I think that’s better, so people don’t make BS liveries, but I’m definitely voting

Reasons to vote for this:

• If you want multiple livery’s, this is an easy way to essentially guarantee you’ll get them.
  • The devs can take attention off of liveries and get more aircraft models reworked and add new content.
2 Likes

Not really a guarantee

Marc wasn’t moderator when he posted this

Anyways. I really hope this is possible as the community is really willing this!

3 Likes

I love this idea, voted!

3 Likes

Not sure if it will worked but it might fix the problems of liveries taking space

1 Like

I think the idea of a livery team is cool. They could push an update each month alongside the airport editing update so we would always be getting new liveries

3 Likes

If ya’ll won’t make a Latam or ANA or China Eastern or Air China, or Japan airlines 77W, make this a thing and I will lmao

4 Likes

This wouldn’t solve the problem of liveries taking up space. In fact, it just means more memory will be used up as there would be more liveries.

1 Like

Every update, I see people are disappointed that their livery wasn’t added. They are consistently told one day, but this is an unspecified amount of time that will have (and has had!) people waiting for years to see a livery on their aircraft, usually when a rework comes. Even when a rework comes, some liveries still don’t make it in. It’s a losing battle for those who want to see their liveries in the game. A theoretical livery editing team is such a great idea. Liveries can be reviewed before making into the game, developers aren’t hounded with requests for certain liveries, and those waiting for that niche livery may have a larger chance of seeing it in-game. As for the deal with storage, simply add the liveries the developers add by default and have any community-made liveries be optional downloads.

This makes so much sense and would be such an improvement to the game that it astounds me how this hasn’t received more attention from the developers. The upsides to this feature outweigh any downsides considerably!

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree with you more! I’m sure the majority of people can say one livery that they wanted which didn’t make it in. This could solve that issue

1 Like

There’s a lot more to the livery issue than what you mention above. The developers would like to add as many liveries as possible, however they are not just restricted by time and money. Memory appears to be a big one here as well - according to Philippe each livery takes roughly 80 MB of memory and that can cause a serious strain on your device when there’s multiple planes with different liveries in a close vicinity. Plus the server has to download those liveries as well, so the data volumes involved here are staggeringly large.

Now there appeared to be the possibility that some changes may occur at some point in the future, so who knows? Maybe more liveries will be added later on. Personally given the complexities associated with liveries I would think it would be more efficient to keep everything in-house. That may appear counterintuitive, but also consider that a 2D airport made on established software is quite different from liveries mapped onto an in-house proprietary 3D aircraft model :)

1 Like