Ontario Airport (ONT) Is getting a new International Terminal!

Good day there forum members!

After looking around for a little bit, I discovered that Ontario international airport (ONT) is getting a NEW international terminal! This terminal looks very nice and is to make the process easier on international arrivals who arrive currently into a mobile building and go through customs. This Terminal will have a bridge to connect to the rest of the terminals and have a few wide body gates and narrow body gates. This is amazing news for us in SoCal! ONT is not only putting one wide body gate, but at least 3 for room for flights to Asia and Europe! This could mean that a European carrier is to announce flights to ONT! Please let it be Lufthansa… Tell me what you think below!

Look at photos here and more of the article:

13 Likes

Wow that’s great, looks like they are trying to be the “SJC of SoCal.”
Ive been to ONT once but I don’t remember a thing

3 Likes

The only reason I now anything about this airport was because of the SoCal region. But it’s cool to see it’s getting some attention in the real world!

3 Likes

Yay! I have flown to Ontario, some of the terminals are getting quite old, this will be a amazing refresh for KONT and will help KLAX out a bit as well I think.

1 Like

Ooh, new upgrade! Well needed.

1 Like

Very much so! I fly out of ONT frequently and the conditions are just blah

What international carriers fly to Ontario?

1 Like

Currently China Airlines and I want to say Volaris

Those sound correct. I’ll look on FR24

EDIT: you are correct

1 Like

Is a terminal that large needed? I agree for the need for a new one, but this is a bit big for just two airlines, with no other airlines having international service. It’s just 38 miles from LA. Just saying, I don’t live in California.😂

1 Like

I remember when I used to fly out of ONT regularly when I lived in Rancho! It is cool that they are going to get a new international terminal!

1 Like

Seems like some of the airports that were renovated in the last 30 years are getting a bit old since several major ones are renovating. I know KPIT is majorly, but I know I heve heard of others…

1 Like

ONT is the fastest growing California Airport. And European flights are expected so it might even be too small at one point

1 Like

It great for those who live in the IE (Inland Empire)! They don’t have to worry about schlepping all the way to LAX. And even though LAX is currently in the process of building a second International Terminal it might help relieve some of the pressure off LAX. I still remember when there were talks of connection ONT and LAX w/ a high speed train, but I think that’s when LAX/ Los Angeles World Airports controlled/ owned ONT. Now it looks like ONT is controlled/ run by a joint effort of the cities of Ontario and San Bernadeno.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.