Online flight planner

I have been using http://onlineflightplanner.org. but if I copy and paste the whole flight plan in, it didn’t work. It has other markers besides the main wpt. Some it will not recognise. It can take a long time to come to a final plan. Are there any other sites that people use? I think it’s nicer to have real life flight plans. Or maybe we could set up a page on here to post them .

The option to save flight plans on infinite flight would be cool

2 Likes

Hey! Most people use simbrief to calculate the most efficient route to their destination. Take a look at how to use it here…

Good luck flight planning!

7 Likes

I tried using SimBrief today and like 3 or 4 points were completely off from thier original point(on SimBrief) in IF.

1 Like

The pasting of multiple waypoints is a known issue and will be fixed in a future release.

5 Likes

That’s good to know . Thanks

I just used sun brief, it doesn’t calculate the route, it uses other websites to do that. I got the same result as onlineflightplanner.org.

VHHH SID BEKOL A461 OBLIK W129 CGO B208 NIXAL Y746 DARNO P982 TR A308 ABK R104 BA R229 XV B228 LITUN G723 UNISO R22 BUKET G72 AKADA A834 VESUR R902 AGBON G445 SPB B141 RANVA P863 KOTAM L990 MARIP Z701 GOBOT UZ701 GORLO UL980 LOGAN STAR EGLL

This is Hong Kong to London. As you can see. In between the main wpt, get the numbered ones. If I copy this,in. Nothing. So both sites give me the same plan

1 Like

That is because routes are planned and documented. It is not a random selection of waypoints in between.

I love using SimBrief. Perfect and works flawlessly, I just copy and paste the Flight Plan and I’m good to go.

2 Likes

So the example route I posted above, you could paste that in and your good to go? Nothing happens on mine. I have to edit it and takes a long time

Yes, I know that. It’s not actually simbrief that does it as others said. Onlineflightplanner ismuch quicker and simpler. Yet IF will not accept the route. I know there is a bug. But should the route be pasted in as shown?

The SID should be removed that’s the departure ID

Airways won’t work properly you can put them in but know it won’t bring it up.

STAR should be removed as it’s the Arrival ID

1 Like

Yes, cheers, I delete all these. Still, some are not recognised

It’s an out dated database it will improve over time.

Thank you…

1 Like

Yes have been using both online flight planner and also sim brief. I remove the SID/ STAR and airways but sometimes not all the waypoints are in IF or are in the wrong location so you have to do a bit of editing.

Used simbrief the other night for a long haul, but the fuel figures it gave me for the B744 where wrong and I had to divert as was 2 hrs short of my destination. Also it says that the A388 dosnt have the range for the YSSY-OMBD sector, however as Qantas at least fly this twice a day I guess simbrief needs a few tweaks?

1 Like

Would be great if we had a page in here set up for people to post edidited flight plans on. Maybe we can share some on here. That are confirmed to work on IF

1 Like

I usually copy my flight plans from FlightAware.

1 Like

Here you go Suggested Routes // ARCHIVE

1 Like

I use sky vector for any flight planning I do. If it is a real flight, I use FlightAware and type in the flight number. After I find the flight, I usually insert the route into skyvector.com, and it gives me an accurate flight plan. Also, I use fuelplanner.com for my fuel planning.

can somebody elaborate on how to copy flight plans? I don’t see an option in IF where it allows you to paste full FPLs.