One week Alaska tour

My brother and I are flying TBM-930s on a 6 day tour from Kelowna to Attu, the westernmost island in Alaska! Here’s a photo from us picking up our TBM-930s and ferrying them to Kelowna in preparation for the tour’s start tomorrow!

CF-EOD flight of 2, KPAE-CYLW, Casual Server

18 Likes

As a 16 year Alaskan (and one forever in my heart), I’ll be keeping an eye out for these screenshot topics!

Hopefully the next ones are able to be seen 🙃 this is only a joke; your picture is totally awesome 👏

1 Like

A little hard to see, but nice TBM action!

1 Like

Will you be heading north to Fairbanks, Utqiagvik (Barrow), or anywhere else? Or are you just following up the panhandle and then back down the Aleutians? I ask because, as we know, Alaska is bigger than Texas that was addressed to Texans and other people who think Texas is the biggest state lol

2 Likes

A whole 2 times larger 😉

2 Likes

Cant wait to see the pictures!

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment! It’s even better coming from a 16 year Alaskan haha. My brother and I live in the U.K. but are Canadian/American citizens, and I’ve personally been itching to get to Alaska for the natural sights. I’ve always thought BC/Alaska together make the best area to fly anywhere in the world (apart from Antarctica maybe, but that’s a whole different experience), and so considering travel is near impossible rn my brother and I thought we’d do a virtual trip together to through best part of the North American continent (in our eyes 😅)

1 Like

Thank you! Sorry for the low light, next time I’ll ask the weatherman to brighten up a bit lmao

1 Like

We will hit Fairbanks for sure! Our list for the coming week is as follows:

CYLW (Kelowna)
CYZT (Port Hardy)
CYZP (Sandspit)
PAPG (Petersburg)
PAJN (Juneau)
CYXY (Whitehorse)
PAOR (Northway)
PAFA (Fairbanks Intl)
PANC (Anchorage Intl)
PADQ (Kodiak)
PASD (Sand point)
PAUT (Akutan)
PAKO (Nikolski)
PADK (Adak)
PAAT (Casco Grove-Attu)

It really is massive, but with the TBM it’s nothing that can’t be tamed!

1 Like

We’re looking forward to posting more! I’m aware that there’s a photo limit imposed by the mods for how many photos you can put up per flight, so if that becomes an issue I have a FlightSim instagram where I could put up a larger collection of photos if that suits anyone!

Lol good pic though

1 Like

Alaska is such an awesome place to visit in the summer. If you like cold and snow, it’s lovely in the winter too, but my family moved partly because the winter is way too long (like nine months or something)

1 Like

You might be bigger by land size Alaska but Texas is bigger by population

2 Likes

You’ve got a point ig…

Hey folks - my brother and I decided to get a head start on the tour, so enjoy this photo of us breaking the morning sunrise on our way from Kelowna to Port Hardy!

We’ve recently landed in Sandspit after refuelling at Port Hardy, marking the end of the first day of our tour. Up next tomorrow:

Petersburg, Juneau and Whitehorse!

For those who want to see more than the 10 max. photos I can post on this thread, keep an eye on my insta account for extra photos of our journey northwards:

https://www.instagram.com/captainolinga/

2 Likes

Hey there folks!

Here’s a new photo from our hop up to Petersburg, Alaska from Sandspit, BC! Haida Gwaii gave us some beautiful views on the way. (Sorry if the photo is a bit dark)

For now, it’s Good (very early) morning USA 🇺🇸, and see you soon, Canada 🇨🇦!

3 Likes

I love flying from that area with (Air Canada A220) , the scenery is stunning once taking off from there !

1 Like

Here I am settling down after a long day travelling through Whitehorse on our last Canadian stop for the tour, and then stopping in Northway on the way to our overnight stop at Fairbanks, Alaska!

Up next tomorrow: Anchorage!

2 Likes

Considering my hometown airport (YYJ) likely won’t get any 3D soon, Kelowna does well as an interim! I’m loving the AC liveries on the A220, here’s to hoping the devs keep up helping us fly the flag haha

2 Likes

YEEEAAHHH!!

Great pics so far!

1 Like