One U.S. Airline Made A Profit While Others Lost Money

Some good aviation news? Kind of?

One U.S. airline has announced a profit for the first quarter of 2020: SkyWest Airlines

SkyWest Airlines, a regional carrier serving for the US3 and Alaska Airlines, made a net profit of $30 million in the first quarter of 2020.

I’m assuming they were less affected by the effects of COVID-19 because the mainline airlines pay for most of their operations aside from aircraft and staffing?

Here’s how other U.S. airlines did in the same period:

• American Airlines: Net Loss of $2.2 billion
  • United Airlines: Net Loss of $1.7 billion
  • Delta Air Lines: Net Loss of $534 million
  • Southwest Airlines: Net Loss of $94 million
  • JetBlue: Net Loss of $268 million
  • Alaska Airlines: Net Loss $232 million
  • Spirit Airlines: Net Loss of $27.8 million

Source/Image

Full SkyWest Airlines Press Release: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/skywest-inc-announces-first-quarter-2020-profit-301055161.html

CR7: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9606963

I also made my first airplane meme, so pls enjoy.

53 Likes

New @Ishrion topic idea: you make a meme that matches a piece of aviation news and we have to guess the story 😂

12 Likes

pretty interesting

That meme is nice 👌

1 Like

I’m surprised at how well Spirit did

2 Likes

The one time that business practice actually works out. It only took a worldwide pandemic to do it.

2 Likes

Okay TBH thats not bad in terms compared to Delta, American, United, etc.

1 Like

that’s my job 😡

2 Likes

@Ishrion is challenging you to a duel, @anon41771314.

In all seriousness, that’s a bit astonishing. Wasn’t expecting that.
Southwest did pretty well, & I agree with you @anon57683537, Spirit’s results are also surprising.

3 Likes

OOOOOFFF that’s a really THICC negative number. Great to see SkW doing well though. Great quality of a meme there that you’ve got. I think you could be onto something there.

Barry Allen, what did you do this time? XD

1 Like

OOF

RIP AA and UAL

1 Like

It’s crazy what this COVID mess is doing to the airlines. My cousin works at MCI and he sent me this pic of all the planes just sitting there

1 Like

not to bad, even they were once the largest airline in the world by seats

International’s are taking the beating… although Delta seems not as bad… different landscape for all at the end of this… thats for sure…

1 Like

Lucky them! Well, I don’t know how that happened.

Wow! Very surprising! Nice meme!

1 Like

Not as THICCCC as American’s. $2.2b

1 Like

Delta has been the most profitable airline in the world, so it makes sense they saw less losses than AA/UA.

Bruh, Skywest is happy

2 Likes