One of the most scenic flights there is?

Hello IFC,
Yesterday I decided to fly from El Calafate in southern Argentina to Ushuaia, famous for being a base in the Falklands War. @Suhas you might recognise the name from the Top Gear Patagonia special.

I know this is one of @Charlieab29 and @Igor_M’s favourite routes to fly and after flying it I most certainly see why! Such a unique route with absolutely stunning scenery.

Summary

Route: El Calafate - Ushuaia ~ Aerolineas Argentinas B737-800
Expert server

Goodbye El Calafate, and the lovely blue waters of its lake

Such a nice livery and such nice scenery 🤤

Plen

Went for a darker edit on this one, think it turned out good

Descending into Ushuaia

Finals into a smooth bouncy landing

As always, thanks for viewing and feedback appreciated!

25 Likes

El Calafate has always been a favorite of mine! And yes, that Top Gear Special was a fun one, the specials were always the best. I also went out for some shots there in January.

3 Likes

Great photos! Yea, really underrated airport

1 Like

Nice!! Ushuaia is one of my favorite places to fly to on IF! Great to see it getting some attention! Highly underrated area! Great photos and thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Your topic convinced me to fly there! Great photos!

3 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it Hugh, that’s exactly why flying these routes that most other people don’t is much more interesting. So many beautiful hidden gems in this world!

2 Likes

One of the best episodes. Very nice shots Hugh. I’m looking forward to diversifying my routes soon, haven’t left Europe in a long time.

1 Like

Enjoy the flight, and thank you!

Thanks Patrick!

Exactly, this route being a great example!

1 Like