One IF aircraft to master to give skills for all aircraft?

Is there one IF aircraft, no matter how quirky, that has a mix of handling requirements that if you mastered it, would then give you the most skills to fly pretty much any other IF aircraft? So for example, a 737 is great to be able to handle well, but it doesn’t help much with the Spitfire.

2 Likes

All aircraft are different in their own ways. Your last sentence pretty much answers the question for you.

8 Likes

So you’re saying, do the Spitfire and it mostly takes care of everything else? Maybe it’s best to ask separate questions:
1)only one best aircraft, which one?
2)only two best aircraft, which two?
3)only three best, which three?

1 Like

He is saying there is no best aircraft, you have to learn them all

1 Like

If you learned to grease the Spitfire and F22 in a xwind, wouldn’t that give you 90%.

2 Likes

Master the A340 or the 767. If you can land those on their main landing gear, you can fly anything…

4 Likes

Even helps with F16 and and Xcub?

1 Like

That’s still in the app? 🙃

2 Likes

Once you master the CRJ 200 the 700,900,1000 are super easy

2 Likes

Learning the 717 will give you solid aircraft control skills.

4 Likes

In my opinion :

TBM - 930 for light aircrafts
A320 for medium aircrafts
Boeing 787 for heavy aircrafts

I choosed the first two because they are easy to understand, for the 787 case, i think is a really hard plane specially in takeoff and the flaps part, so if you can master it you will be fine with the others

2 Likes

TBM is hard for me to leave out also. On the other hand, I was thinking maybe:

F16
Spitfire
A340

The first covers the fighters, the second the taildraggers and smaller aircraft, the third large aircraft and the some of the ones with quirkier handling.

2 Likes

I pretty much agree with that. As far as passenger aircraft, I often ask myself “can I do that in the 717 or not,” but also as @AviationGeek24 implied, the CRJ’s are tough mastery testers.

2 Likes

Wait, is it not? I feel like I’m missing something but I haven’t played Infinite Flight with Pro for a while to be fair.

hmm Spitfire is a good option instead of the TBM, anyways, i didn’t thought about fighters, so i recommend you adding the F16 to the list :

Spitfire (For light aircrafts)
F16 (For fighters)
A320 (Medium aircraft)
787 (Heavy aircraft)

In my opinion you should master the 787 first , I know A340 is a different aircraft and is also very challenging, but idk, 787 is newer, you can practice Boeing’s flaps config and you can practice your landing skills (a.k.a butter)

1 Like

Correct, commercial wise. The 717 will not help you land an XCub or F22 though

1 Like

The CRJ has got a bit of a learning curve, for me I’ve learned if you fly the CRJ for a week or 2 it becomes easy

F22 has the same characteristic where if you go like 2 knots slower than it wants to be it has a panic attack and falls out of the sky. XCub nothing is going to prepare you to fly that other than actually flying that.

1 Like

That’s maybe the best one liner for how to learn a challenging aircraft - just keep doing it for as long as it takes to work.

1 Like

Xcub is most maybe most like the Spitfire, but at the same time most different. You have to worry about the tail wheel, but that’s not enough.