One Engine Taxi in IF

Some airlines after landing or even before takeoff taxi with one engine to save fuel. So my question is that if I do this in IF would it be considered improper? This may seem like a dumb question but I want to know from other pilots perspectives.
Thanks!
EDIT: I’m asking this because I don’t really see people do this on Expert

11 Likes

I sometimes do it for ultra realism when flying Qantas aircraft, because Qantas usually do taxi with only one engine after landing in real life.

I’m guessing you hardly see anyone do it because in IF you don’t pay for fuel or have a limit on the amount you can load, so it’s no big deal unlike real life where they do anything to save a few litres ;)

15 Likes

I was doing on TS at EGLL. It does sort of matter if you’re using real-world fuel circumstances. if not just taxi with two or save like irl. But many pilots taxi with two engines.

If you are taxiing with one remember to use a little more thrust

1 Like

i taxi with one Engine after landing on expert and I’ve seen may others do the same. so no i would say its not improper

10 Likes

hahah yeah that’s true, its not like you are paying for the fuel or anything, but it seems more “realistic” if you do say so

Ran out of likes >:(

10 Likes

yeah, Im pretty sure average N1 is 40 with 1 engine but I’ll check on that

2 Likes

I do this for realism.

1 Like

oh okay, that’s nice to know

1 Like

On 4engine aircraft i usually just shut down one of them.

1 Like

oh okay, when I do it it’s for the same reason as well :)

I try to taxi with one engine too, wherever possible and whenever it makes most sense to do so.

On FNF days, when we encounter large taxi times, it makes sense if you taxi with one-engine, or more if it’s a quad jet.

Here is a comprehensive guide to One-Engine taxi procedures.

3 Likes

I taxi with one engine if I already can see it is busy and will take while to be first in line, or have to do a long taxi. Just for the extra realistic feeling.

We don’t have engine wear, and we don’t have to pay for the fuel, so at the end, it is just for your own experience

1 Like

@Ayush_Mathur Woah! That is actually really helpful!

@ChrisToxz I only really use it depending on

1. How long taxi is
  2. How busy the airport is
  3. Sometimes airline I’m currently using
  4. Distance of flight
2 Likes

I only do it for the dash because I can only control all throttles at once and it kinda bugs me. I make an exception for the dash because it usually always taxis with one engine anyway.

1 Like

Didn’t know the dash could do that as well!

Ive never been on one, only the ATR, but at my home airport, there are a lot of dashes which taxi on one engine.

There is also a setting on the fuel control for having the engine on for elec and hyd and no prop

Believe it or not, most Dash 8 flights i see on the expert server do taxi with 1 engine. I’m used to taxiing with one engine after I land. I’m used to the Westjet and Air Canada procedures 😂

2 Likes

I guess you learn something new everyday

1 Like

If you search up a dash 8 throttle quadrant and look at the lever to the right of the engine two throttle, you will see a mark that says: Min 850.