On the TS, as ATC how can I get people to listen to me?

As ATC on the TS no one will listen! I tell them go to runway xx they don’t. I tell then contact tower (so they can back taxi) they don’t. EGLL Director kept sending aircraft to me (EGLC TWR). It is so annoying. What can I do?

2 Likes

Yeah it is quite upsetting, I’ve been exactly in your place. If you want you can apply to become IFATC Like I am, You will be able to control the expert server with experienced pilots.

3 Likes

There is nothing you can really do the best thing is to control not so popular airport or you join IFATC and Control on the expert server

3 Likes

That’s a shame, one day I will apply for IFATC. Just not now.

3 Likes

I don’t get what goes through these pilot’s heads on TS that makes them think it’s ok to do what ever they want. Think of this like the first day of a kindergarten class. The kids are wild rambunctious and insubordinate, not listening to anything the teacher says. But no one knows any better. But in this scenario they all know better and are continuously disregarding ATC calls and do whatever they want. It makes me so angry.

4 Likes

Yep, I was just open at YSSY on TS and I had people disrupting my pattern work unfortunately. Taking off from taxiways, taking off in fighter jets into people on final… it’s hard to train for IFATC in such a different environment.

3 Likes

It’s highly suggested with your tracking threads to go to quieter airports than you’d worldwide Internationals. It is less likely for trolls to show up, and more likely for community members testing your skills to be in a more compact space giving you a bigger challenge. When they’re a few miles apart then there’s no worry. You want that worry to train and learn from it.

2 Likes

Its impossible to improve radar skills on the TS.

Yeah, I was controlling Departure for a few minutes and it was chaos, but… it is training server though.

1 Like

The training server…oh what a great server to practice ATC on :) If you can get away from the trolls. As it’s been mentioned many times before, don’t control the troll attached hubs (I think we all know what these are). Open an airport that no one’s ever heard of or less popular. Open a tracking thread to improve on your ATC. I controlled on the traning server for over 2 years, it’s a good server when you get the pilots that are willing to learn and work with you.

2 Likes

Yeah TS can be really really thrilling 😅. You get to know everything that can possibly go wrong.

But I this to be useful a bit ,
When you tell someone Missed approach or anything that’s time taking . After sending command wait for them to reply back and then say thank you . That might get them emotionally and then they might choose to follow you (60% success rate😉 at airports like KLAX and EGLL.

If you want people to listen to you , one be authoritative which no one can in TS AND CS . So being nice to them is the only way .

1 Like

by leveling up and playing in expert server

The expert server isn’t the best neither. It has it’s advantages over the training server. We still get inexperienced pilots flying there.

Stick with it guys, never give up :)

Still will not work, especially at EGLL on a Friday :rofl:

Also welcome to the IFC!

1 Like

We know what happens to them if with ATC

There are a few things you can do to help out.

• Pick an airport at a non-popular region. Don’t pick LAX or SFO. Pick an airport in an area that is not in one of the default regions.
  • Open an ATC tracking thread for the airport. You will often get more serious pilots who are looking for patterns and to help you out.
1 Like

IFATC are there to teach and help the pilots the best they can, whilst providing a service to them. Although the pilot should know what there doing and respecting everyone around them at the same time. As a last resort (No choice) then yes we will ghost, take it as lession to be learned not a puishment.

1 Like

True, I have been ghosted two times. Two different mistakes I have never made again.

1 Like

I’m happy to know you’ve learned from them :)

I know the TS isn’t the best, unfortunately it does what it says ‘Training’ without a similar system to that of the ES I don’t see it improving. Take the points made on board by me and other community members and stick with it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.