On Guard Warning Range Limit

So as you can see in this photo, I was controlling KLAX a few minutes ago. I was wondering how it was possible to send “on guard” messeges to aircraft wayyyyy out of your airspace (the aircraft parked at KSFO). Maybe a good feature would be to only allow for “on guard” messages to be sent to aircraft in your airspace. This is just a suggestion and I’m open to hearing people’s thoughts.

Does he receive the message? Isn’t there a range limit?

1 Like

I don’t think there is a range limit. If they are on your screen you can call them on guard.

1 Like

I agree that there should be a range limit. There was one time on training server a trolling tower ATC just kept spamming on guard warning when I was like 75 miles away, at FL200, and heading no where near that airport. His name is Captain Paul, watch out for this troll.

1 Like

Hey @Daniel_Steinman! This is an awesome Idea, especially since I accidentally on guard people on the wrong frequency sometimes (eg. On ground instead of tower). Sadly, I don’t have anymore votes.

2 Likes

Such a good idea! I hate on-guarding by accident! Voted!

1 Like

@Sami_Fajita_Air, thanks! Even though you don’t have any more votes, your response still counts :))

Thank you, @Bmoney326!

1 Like

I was literally just thinking about this as I was controlling a few minutes ago!

1 Like

#relatable lol

1 Like