On Final - new Tower ATC - thoughts?

Hi again everyone :) hope those in the US had a great Thanksgiving (and those not, a great Thursday ;) ).

Quite a few times I’ve been on final having sorted Atc & flaps/strobes/spoilers/gear etc, on glide scope - A/P off and I’ll be monitoring speed/vertical speed against glidescope, and heading-then tower controller will disappear and a new Tower controller will appear and contact me as I’m in their airspace (or for intentions or whatever).
For one, I wish my previous clearance was moved over to a new controller, but eitherway, what do you all do? I generally quickly go to ATC and try to do things properly, mess up everything I’ve had sorted and look like I’ve never flown before as I land short, or off runway, or fly like a drunk :p

I generally like to use ATC whenever I can, but wonder if you’d just land? (I’m generally on playground btw and this isn’t a complaint about Atc :) )

Cheers all- Chris

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yeah, I have sympathy for the controllers - as youre thrown in to whatever is going on. I was just interested more to see if others would just land (as had clearance the first time), or do what I usually do and scare my imaginary passengers ;) :) - as opposed to a feature request :)

1 Like

1 Like

Ha!- the only problem is you can’t use toilets on landing, and I’d feel bad for the clean up crewe ;)

2 Likes

Is it bad taste to refer to which end my passengers would have an issue ;) :D

1 Like

And cheers for the feedback - will do :)

1 Like

If I’m on final or close to it. I ignore the ATC sense I don’t want to crash.

A controller coming into a tower with planes on short final have been instructed not to contact them until they are on the ground or just after TO if they wind up doing a touch and go.

Hopefully you’ll see the happen less and less.

Thanks!

Just announce final again. In reality he should clear you no hesitation, just make sure you say either Full Stop or T&G depending on what your doing.

As a controller, even on the advanced server I wouldn’t punish someone who is on a short final when I join and continues to land.
When I first started flying on the advanced it happened to me and I got ghosted (the only time ever !) and I wasn’t best pleased.
When you’re a few miles out and flying manually the last thing you want to do is have to take your eyes and fingers off the controls and start fiddling about with the ATC menu at the very last minute. It can mess up your whole landing which can be very frustrating after a 40 min flight !
A little common sense as the ATC says just let them land and then ask them to contact ground.

1 Like

Jus be four I get in the GL I send a full stop and in reality they should clear you to land as @ChiefPilotLachy said. Then I turn off AP and fly to me destination