On Cloud 9 in New Zealand

Today I was On Cloud 9 in New Zealand! Well, ok, this is IF, there’s no clouds, so you’re right, it’s only a figure of speech 😉

I want to shout out a giant thank you to the IFATC people controlling in New Zealand today. As a long term expat New Zealander I’m usually flying the skies in New Zealand on Casual Server, reliving past aviation experiences.

I’m new to expert server, so imagine my excitement at finding Auckland, Wellington and Queenstown all open with ATC and the skies absolutely buzzing!

I jumped straight in and got on the tarmac at Wellington in an Air New Zealand A320. A quick flight plan and I was off to Auckland. A smooth flight and excellent approach / tower ATC getting me on the ILS efficiently…

Then later it was Auckland to Queenstown, with the fantastic RNAV Rwy 05 approach over the lake… It was busy there and I was number 4…got my first “do a 360 for spacing” request, which was a bit dramatic over the mountains at 10000! Again brilliant ATC services, so I just wanted to shout out a big THANKS to the ATC staff in New Zealand today, you gave me my best day of flying in IF so far 😊…

Getting ready on the ramp at Wellington…

Quite a line up at Auckland…

Thanks again ATC, can’t wait for your next opening in NZ!

mcgregni / ZK-MCG

19 Likes

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your experience. This is the exact type of service our team aims to provide. I flew in today as well, and I agree that the service was quite swell! I’m sure your controllers will enjoy the shoutout.

4 Likes

Wow the pictures looks amazing ✈️👍🏻

1 Like

I’m glad you saw this feedback… Tell them to keep coming back to New Zealand please 😊

1 Like

Thanks! I posted into the ATC section, but I see this has moved automatically into screenshots, so I might as well post a few more now…

Dash 8 arriving into Wellington…

Leaving Auckland…

The queue to Rwy 05 again…

2 Likes