Oli_H's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A [PRACTICAL PASSED]

Hey everyone!

Just starting a tracking thread for ATC. looking to sharpen my skills with controlling. If you would come down when I’m open, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading. I’ll see you soon!

Oli

2 Likes

CURRENT STATUS:

Open @YPAD, ground and tower

Feedback would be much appreciated if you would like to come down :)

Status Update:

Closed. Thanks so much to those who came down.

1 Like

CURRENT STATUS:

Open @YMML, ground and tower

Once again, feedback would be appreciated if you come :)

1 Like

Can anyone else come? Haven’t had much traffic. Would appreciate it, as I’m looking towards IFATC in the near future. Thanks

1 Like

Status Update:

Closed. Thanks @EyesSkyward for coming down

1 Like

All was great, except for the following:

• You shouldn’t have added “make right traffic” when clearing me for the option the first time, as you had already told me to make right traffic when clearing me for takeoff.
  • Each time after the touch and go, you told me to “enter right downwind”. The rule is: pattern entry, sequence and clear for inbounds and runway changes, and for remaining in the pattern, just give sequencing (if there are multiple aircraft in the pattern) and clear.
  • Runway exit should be 80-60kts GS for jets and around 50-40kts GS for light aircraft. You gave me this command a little late. Pay extra attention to the speed when an aircraft is landing or has reported full stop.

Hope this helps you. It was a solid session :)
It was good that you just replied “roger” when I reported right base for a full stop landing, as you had already cleared me for the option, which includes both touch and goes and full stop landings. Looking forward to the next session.

1 Like

CURRENT STATUS:

Open @YPPH, ground and tower

Would love for some more of you to come down, feedback would be appreciated if you do.

Status Update:

Closed. Thanks to those who came down.

Hey everyone. Happy to announce that I’ve passed the IFATC written exam, and I’m looking to take the practical soon. If you could come down when I’m controlling, it would mean the world to me. Thank you!
Oli

2 Likes

I’ll be opening KFLL in 15 minutes at 0430Z, staying open for 1 hour. Would be great if some people could come and give me some feedback. Thanks everyone

2 Likes

CURRENT STATUS:

Open @KFLL, ground and tower

2 Likes

A-LOPEZ Feedback :
It looks good in general but a little things that can be improved

• When i request my runway change i was entering to right downwind and you give me a left downwind, but better late than never.
  • When i receive my cleared, you dont send a direction for me, directions always are required for aircrafts that are inbound or for runways changes.
  • Good 360 spacing.
  • Sometimes a extend downwind could be better than a slowest speed.

I will be here soon to see how you are doing with your progress, greetings

3 Likes

My feedback:
I was trying to be a pain (sorry oli) just to see how you would handle a newbie to the expert server who doesn’t know what they’re really doing.

• You didn’t pick up that I had taxiied without clearance for a little bit, which is fine.
  • I was still exiting the runway when Delta23 was touching down, should have issued a go-around.
  • While holding short for rwy 10L, my whole aircraft was across the hold short line, you should have issued a “not cleared to enter the runway, please exit the runway” command and made the aircraft on final go-around.

other than that you did an excellent job! cheers

1 Like

IFATC-Andrew Coward/038AC Feedback:

First off I want to say thanks for your service and opening up. I noticed you had some crazy pilots taking off and doing touch and goes. Sometimes on the TS you just have to deal with these crazy people. The best thing to do is to go to a smaller airport that possibly has parallel runways and just get people to come out and help off this thread so you don't have to deal with people who don't know how to communicate or listen. Also I reported one of the two pilots that took off without permission. Not sure if that will get put on them as of now or not but hopefully so.
Here is my feedback
  • Wrong Transition at 3500
    When an aircraft requests for a transition, look at the altitude of your airport and just simply add 2500ft to that number. Ex.(FLL is 17ft add 2500 and you get 2517ft. When you find your number, round that to the nearest 500th, so for instance this would end up behind 2500ft for your transition altitude.
  • Never got cleared after changing runways to 10L | If the aircraft on the runway was off the runway I would have had to issue my own go around
    I know this is very easy to do and as a controller I have done this myself a few times. When someone issues a runway change you have to make sure you have gave them a pattern entry and a clearance. Without a clearance they’re not suppose to land although 99% of pilots on the TS would.

Hope you take the time to read this and hope this helps out. congrats on passing your written and good luck on your practical whenever that comes. You are on your way to becoming apart of the IFATC Team. Everything else was pretty spot on so good work!
1 Like

Thank you for the feedback Andrew. I apologise for the incorrect transition altitude, should’ve known better. Thank you so much for coming down, really appreciate it.

1 Like

Hey no worries! A good controller is always learning :)

1 Like

Status Update:

Closed. Thanks so much to those who came down and provided feedback, really appreciate it :)

Hey everyone, stoked to announce that I passed my practical, and I am now officially IFATC :D
Thanks heaps to everyone who came down during these sessions. Thank you to those who provided me with feedback and came along to training sessions. And last, but not least, thanks so much to my trainer, @Declan_O. I can’t thank you enough for everything you’ve done for me.

I hope to see you all in the skies!
Oli

8 Likes