Oldies But Goldies @KDVT

Hello again.

Since the CAF warbirds were staying the weekend in DVT or Deer Valley, this morning I took a trip over to see them! They consist of a B-25 Mitchell nicknamed “Maid in the Shade” and C-47 Skytrain better known as the DC-3 and an old Boeing Stearman biplane!

Let’s wind back the clock…

First off taken from a moving car is the DC-3 on final for 7R at DVT

Alright don’t bully cause this isn’t a warbird but here’s a cirrus vision jet taxiing to parking with a C172 working touch and goes in the back

Next up is the stearman passing in front of the tower out for a joyride flight!

Now we have a clean cirrus SR22 also passing in front of the tower

A LJ60 rotating for I forgot where

And finally what y’all have been waiting for is the B-25 taking off for another joyride.

And that concludes today!

Favorite?

0 voters

Rate!

0 voters

Have a great weekend!

26 Likes

Counting has left the chat

I just now realized I completely messed up the polls

This new system is confusing

There are 7 photos lol

Hecc me

Alright I fixed them now

Beautiful classics, absolutely beautiful! The DC-3, B-25, and the Stearman are a perfect representation of aviation from the 1930’s and 40’s.

1 Like

Yeah. I was wondering when they changed it.

1 Like

Absolutely sunning shots!
Love the SR22

1 Like

Cool pictures!

1 Like

Nice shots! I actually visited the cockpit of a B-25 Devil Dog at KGTU in August 2019. Climbing up through the belly of the aircraft was an incredible experience. Awesome aircraft!

The above B-25 did missions in Hawaii 75 years ago. Each red bullet on the nose represents one mission it went on, and the four sinking ships were each enemy ship this B-25 sank. You can also see the flag on each ship showing what country the ship belonged to.

2 Likes

Yes! And it’s a shame they aren’t in the sim yet…

Yeah I don’t like it too much

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks!

That is so cool!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.