Old Plane & Pilot Thread

On November 9th, Plane & Pilot is very excited to announce that we will be hosting our 100th public event! Since we were founded in 2016, we have created and managed nearly 3 times as many IFC events as any other VO or individual, and we are still going at it! To celebrate one of the biggest milestones in Plane & Pilot’s history, we will draw a massive 100 in the sky using a special flight plan. We will do this on the beautiful coast of California, the location of our first event : starting out at KSJC, a VO community favorite, and KBUR, a popular airport in the Hollywood area of LA. We hope many of you can join us and help make this event a memorable one. Thanks to all of our VO and everyone who has supported us for helping us reach this incredible number of unique and we’ll organized events, here’s to the next 100🥂.

7 Likes

El Al 747 2.0.

Jokes aside, great achievement guys! Very well done!

2 Likes

Thanks man, and thanks for your help in getting us to this point!

2 Likes

Awe. Your making me digitally blush.

2 Likes

100!? Wow, I can’t believe how much events I have participated in. It’s been a long way since in the 30s-50s events range. I do not remember which event it was. Big achievement you got it buddy, @PlaneCrazy.

1 Like

In December of 2016, @PilotZerge and I founded Plane & Pilot as a basic event planning service for Infinite Flight. Fast forward 3 years and we are one of the most highly praised and well known VOs in the community with nearly 200 members and over 100 public events under our belt. We never thought we would get this far through all of the ups and downs that we have experienced, but we have, and now we are the oldest VO on the platform to run under the same CEO since their being. Thanks to everyone involved for helping us get this far, we hope to continue serving this amazing community in the years to come.

To celebrate our 3 year anniversary, we will be replicating our opening event from all the way back in 2016, a short flight which travelled from KSAN, up to KNUC, and then over the KLAX in generic commercial jets. Although it isn’t very significant (or realistic) by today’s standards, it was an amazing experience when it happened and we hope to relive it this month. If you enjoy the California coast, casual flying, or you just want to help us celebrate this massive milestone, make sure to join us on the 14th!

5 Likes

On behalf of the Plane & Pilot staff and moderation teams, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! No matter what you celebrate, we hope everyone in our VO and on IFC has a fantastic holiday week. Our staff will be taking a break from events for the rest of the year in order to spend time with our families, but we will be back on January 4th with a new pattern event. We will remain active on our Slack, so if you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask. 2019 has been an amazing year for our VO and we can’t wait to see what 2020 brings. Thanks everyone!

8 Likes

Today Plane & Pilot rolls out a number improvements to our staff team and VO which we feel will improve the productivity in our organization and make it better overall. They are as follows:

@Starley has left our staff team and his position as Instagram manager due to being busy in his personal life. I will be managing the Instagram from now on in place of him. Starley has been with us for over 2 years and has been a very important part of our VO, we will miss him greatly. See you around, man! We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

@Sashaz55 has joined our staff team as an additional event manager, see we seek to continue to improve as one of the top event creators in Infinite Flight. Sashaz has loads of experience in both event and virtual airline management, so we are very excited to see what he brings to the table! He will primarily be working on pattern events (see below) for the time being along with @Luke_Sta. Welcome to the team, Sashaz!

@Peter_S has been omitted from our Slack moderation team due to inactivity and will be replaced with @InfiniteNick. Nick has been a very active and productive member on our Slack and we are excited to give him the chance to help manage it.

Pattern Events will now be posted more frequently, going from a ≈ tri-monthly to a ≈ quad-monthly schedule. Pattern events have been an extremely successful series for us and we look forward to providing our members and the community with more of them. Make sure to keep an eye out for them every weekend between 1400Z and 2000Z!

11 Likes

Congratulations you two, @Sashaz55 and @InfiniteNick

And @Starley/@Peter_S, Auf Wiedersehen und viele glück. Ich bin traurig.(Goodbye and good luck. I’m sad.)

5 Likes

We are very excited to announce that this week we welcomed our 200th member, @Cptphil! Ever since we opened it in 2018, our Slack has received praise for being a well managed, laid back environment for Infinite Flight pilots to chat and fly with each other. Our staff members work hard to keep the club this way and are always looking for ways to improve it. If you had asked a few years ago, we never would have imagined that we would have over 200 activated accounts on it someday. Thanks so much to our staff team, moderators, and everyone involved for making P&P what it is today. We appreciate each and every one of you!

If you haven’t joined our flying club yet, we would love to welcome to the family! It offers an experience unlike any other and is known throughout the community for our extremely laid back approach. It was created under one simple philosophy: that you shouldn’t have to work to be in a VO, just fly and chat with other people as you please. If you want to be a part of an Infinite Flight group but don’t have time to deal with a crew center, log all of your flights and flight hours, or be super active, Plane & Pilot is the club for you! Here you can join over 200 other members and discuss anything from Infinite Flight to the weather in your area, host or join group flights with other members, or come to one of weekly events. If you would like to join us see the Plane & Pilot difference for yourself, all you have to do is enter your IFC name into the questionnaire below we will send you the invite link to our Slack. We hope to see you there soon!

Click here to join today!

3 Likes

Congratulations!
Now our goal is: 500 members 😃

5 Likes

Today, we are excited to announce our new event calendar, a new way for members and attendees to easily bowse and join our events. All of our previous, current, and upcoming events (including sponsored events) will be posted on the calendar below, which can be found on both our IFC thread and website (coming soon). If you are a frequent attender of our events, make sure to check this often so that you don’t miss anything! Note that with this new method we reserve dates in advance for events that have not yet been developed, and therefore listings that have not yet been posted on IFC are subject to change. Enjoy!

4 Likes

How to join this wonderful sounding VO?

1 Like

Hello! Click on the link to get started and a staff member should let you into our slack in the next 24 hours :)
Thanks for expressing interest in our VO! :)

2 Likes

Just signed up! Yay!

1 Like

What’s the abbreviation round these parts?

1 Like

Check your inbox in a sec;-)

We usually go by P&P for sort.

Thanks! I’ll update my VO thing on my profile.

There we go.

1 Like

Just submitted the form! Does this organization require me to share any of the following information here or on Slack?

• Real name
  • Facial Identification
  • And this one might be a problem: my own email, which may or may not contain sensitive info in the email address itself
3 Likes

Hi @SB110! As a member, I was never required to share any of this information 🙂

2 Likes