Offline Mode

Is there really no way to run this app without being connected to the internet? I have a 512G IPad Pro with more than enough storage to cache any necessary scenery. I fly on a regular basis and would really like to have the option to run the app while disconnected from the internet.

If we can disconnect our Wifi after our flights start, then there should be nothing hold back the ability to fly offline. Just wondering if this isn’t just a subscription check being done. For how much we pay each year to use the app i think we should have the option to play offline.

Maybe have a way to have a cached credential good for 48h to play offline. After 48h it expires and requires you to authenticate your account online before being able to play offline.

Unfortunately, because the scenery requires an internet connection to be able to be streamed to your device, IF cannot be played offline.

Sadly, there isnt currently. The staff have been thinking about adding a solo version for no connection devices. my suggestion would be to share your data off your phone with your Ipad. Doesnt work for me well when I have 1GB data…

1 Like

I was flying the old version on a flight and had a pilot walk by my seat on one of my flights stopped and commented that he loved Infinite Flight and was interested what I was flying. I told him I was flying the actually flight we were on.

I think it really is a gap that needs to be addressed. A low resolution mode that would allow offline flights.

There currently is no offline mode, but what you can do is go onto solo mode fully loaded and then disconnect the WiFi: there you have it!

1 Like

That’s what I did until I got data 😉

1 Like

Get ready for your data to disappear!

1 Like

To be honest, in 3 hours of flying on multiplayer, I only used 110mb.

2 Likes

Cool, but remember that you can turn off your data when actually flying in solo.

1 Like

Yeah. It was multiplayer in full traffic at Oslo yesterday. Pretty good.

So if that is the case then there should be nothing hold back the ability to fly offline. Just wondering if this isn’t just a subscription check being done. For how much we pay each year to use the app i think we should have the option to play offline.

Maybe have a way to have a cached credential good for 48h to play offline. After 48h it expires and requires you to authenticate your account online before being able to play offline.

I buy Data Sim card with 500GB monthely only for infinite flight to stay online and cost only 10 USD .
Where is the fun if you not see some one fly on your way ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.