Official: Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg Resigns

Try not to get too much hate in this thread

Just announced literally minutes ago:

Boeing announced today that its Board of Directors has named current Chairman, David L. Calhoun, as Chief Executive Officer and President, effective January 13, 2020.

The Company also announced that Dennis A. Muilenburg has resigned from his positions as Chief Executive Officer

Mr. Calhoun said:

“I strongly believe in the future of Boeing and the 737 MAX. I am honored to lead this great company and the 150,000 dedicated employees who are working hard to create the future of aviation.”

This seemed rather inevitable after everything that’s happened in the past year.

Good luck to them.

37 Likes

Can’t wait for the MAX to fly again!
Thanks Dennis for your time at Boeing

5 Likes

Good luck! Let’s see if he will manage to save Boeing from the position they’re currently in.

Great to hear this, finally. He has brought shame upon the always great, legendary company Boeing 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 Like

Ton of investors are beyond excited to have Mr Calhoun and their DOW has gone up four point since the announcement

4 Likes

Somebody has to pay the price and who else then the CEO. The congressional hearings did not help him.

Good riddance. Took far too long.

6 Likes

Interesting, some media sources are saying he resigned, but most are saying he was fired. Is this the media overhyping it, or was he actually fired?

3 Likes

He was forced out let’s put it that way. It was probably something like this:

“Denis, you can either resign or we’ll fire you. Your choice”

Hopefully they won’t give him a golden parachute of millions to land on.

17 Likes

I can’t imagine the amount of stress he was going through it’s sad to see someone lose their job but it’s for the best.

1 Like

Probably was “we want your resignation letter”

1 Like

Wow that was shocking 🥶

I heard he was sacked.

technically yes the board basically said we can accept your resignation or we will vote you out. But he did resign officially

Didn’t expect this! Thanks to Muilenburg for his time leading the Boeing company, but I hope Calhoun can clean Boeing out of the mess it’s in right now.

The right move, and have to imagine this has been part of the plan since at least October. From a governance perspective it is good to see the CEO and Board Chairman positions will remain separate. It’s not entirely clear how replacing someone with an Aerospace Engineering background with a financial background will inherently drive the culture in a better direction, but it certainly creates a window of opportunity for that to happen.

2 Likes

Now what Boeing really should do is move their HQ back to Seattle!

1 Like

Wow okay… not quite what I was expecting but okay. Hope the “mess” at Boeing will be cleaned up.

It’s sad how this happened. But seeing as the stock jumped up by about 8 or 9 points, I think it is for the better

1 Like

I don’t think we’ll be seeing him down at the jobcentre any time soon.

2 Likes