Oddest aircraft that you've seen fly a route

Hey!
I made this topic/thread to see what the weirdest aircraft you’ve seen fly a certain route. For example, I’ve seen an American Airlines 777-200 fly from JFK-MIA. Whats the weirdest you’ve seen?

3 Likes

EVA Air 747-400 from Taipei to Macau. I even saw it land.

3 Likes

B767 Heathrow to Edinburgh twice daily. How many people need to go to Scotland?

7 Likes

Haha, I was wondering the same thing when American was flying the 777’s !

3 Likes

Sometimes examples like these are ferry flights to replace out of service aircraft.

3 Likes

Doha-Dubai with A350 aircraft B777 and B787 aircraft. The flight is under 40 minutes

2 Likes

Well, they’re actually ferry flights when it is an aircraft delivery or for major maintenance purpose like a D-check. Otherwise it’s known as a Repositioning flight. Just means a smaller or larger aircraft than usual gets put on the roster for a day or fills a time slot.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the one. Thank you. A gentleman that I follow in the aviation world once did a flight with the 747 that was so short they almost just left the gear down. I’ll see if I can dig up the info.

1 Like

A318 across the Atlantic on scheduled flights. Saw it on FR24, but forgot the actual route.

1 Like

CX once diverted a 747 into MFM then repositioned it back to HKG, they took off, intercepted the ILS, and was on the ground within something like 8 minutes.

2 Likes

british airways to new york right??

2 Likes

I saw a Qantas 747 fly from JFK-LAX earlier. 🤔

2 Likes

That is so that Qantas can fly to Sydney from NY. Lax is a transit point.

1 Like

yeah that flight goes SYD-LAX-JFK-LAX-SYD

2 Likes

I’ve seen a JetBlue A320 go from JFK to HPN in 10 mins. It was strange because of the distance but I knew that it was just a repositioning flight.

1 Like

Yea HPN is my local airport and yesterday there was a sun country 737-800 flying HON-MSP. Not even a scheduled service.

2 Likes

Alaska Airlines (Skywest) E170
MKE-SEA
Just why?

1 Like

Yep BA001 a business class only flight

1 Like

Southwest 737-800 from KBWI to KROC at midnight. The plane was full.

Why do over 100 people go to a place as obscure as Rochester in the middle of the night?

1 Like

It could be some school/group trip.

1 Like