Oceanic tracks not changing

The Oceanic tracks have been the same for me for about a month now - is it just me or is it the same for everyone else?

2 Likes

They have been changing, on an almost daily basis, in fact. I don’t think it has stayed the same for the last month or so being honest. Not to mention, since this is reflected of real world oceanic tracks, I think they’d be refreshed frequently.

5 Likes

OK, it’s probably because I’m on 20.3.

I’m currently on the 21.2 version, and I’m seeing the same tracks as you are. I think this isn’t an issue to be completely honest.

3 Likes

No, it has been changing like every day. A few days ago I saw it above Greenland :)

Hope this answers your question!

1 Like

It’s not accurate right now however it seems. The current active tracks should be A, W, X, Z, and Y so I’m not sure why only A (Westbound) is showing, and it’s not even the correct variant of A.

Screenshot_594

8 Likes

I understand they have been changing for others - they just haven’t been changing for me. Is there a way to fix this?

Can you send a pic of what the oceanic track looks like for you? For me it’s the same as OP

1 Like

This is done automatically and you can’t really do anything about it apart from restarting your device.

2 Likes

I have done that.

1 Like

Oh. I notice it now, mine is also the same.
Thanks for pointing it out :)

2 Likes

Must be a weather data provider issue, let’s see if it will be fixed

1 Like

I have had this problem too just try to fly the track backwards air skip it

2 Likes

The tracks are updated with the timings in mind. These NATs were designed to regulate heavy traffic flow across the North Atlantic, since there are Eastbound and Westbound banks. Eastbound flights tend to depart at around 2300 Zulu to time their arrival for early morning the next day. That’s probably why the eastbound tracks were not showing - they were not active then.

1 Like

It looks like there were no updates from our data source over the weekend (it has definitely updated in the past month though). Looks to be normal again as of this morning.

Track A is currently the only in operation:

NAT-1/1 TRACKS FLS 310/390 INCLUSIVE
JUN 07/1130Z TO JUN 07/1900Z
PART ONE OF ONE PART-
A RESNO 55/20 55/30 54/40 51/50 ALLRY
EAST LVLS NIL
WEST LVLS 350 370 390
8 Likes

Is it still track A for everyone else?

Same problem, still track A.

Device is iPad Pro 3rd gen
On 21.2

1 Like

If you’re on 21.2, then it’s probably not a problem but it’s just a data source problem.

1 Like

Has it been the same for you though for a while?

1 Like

Yes, week and a half. The shape has changed, but no actual track change.

1 Like